Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eating out in Verbier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some friends and I are spending a week in Ovronnaz near Verbier, but heading to Verb for a night. Our friends have treated us to some accommodation and its down to me to find somewhere for us to go and eat out.
Obviously after the obligatory Apres beers in the bar with the opening roof in the centre of town!
I can imagine being Verbier i could end up spending ALOT of money but ideally looking for somewhere with good food and perhaps off the beaten track. Can anyone recommend somewhere thats not going to break the bank but we can be sure to get some good grub!

Thanks!

B.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Haven't been to Verbier for quite a number of years, but the last time we were there, a couple of nights a week downstairs in the Mont Fort Pub, it turned into a restaurant called En Bas. It was one of the best meals I had ever had (although may have been skewed by the ambience of the week, as had a fantastic time). Wasn't that expensive IIRC.

If it's still on the go I would definitely recommend it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Awesome! is that the pub with the sliding roof and the apres ski? I can't remember the name of it?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I doubt the Mont Fort will have a sliding roof but was definitely the place in town for some cracking après/later drinks at a reasonable price. It was 10 years ago though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bluestrobe, Sadly En Bas no longer exists, but @ben_turner2102, Pub food is still great, burgers, curries etc in an informal atmosphere and good value. It's not in Farinet, which is the place with the opening roof, but up at the top of the village next to and above the Medran.

Alternatives are Relais des Neiges, directly opposite the Medran, very traditional, but great value good simple cooking, half a chicken and chips 23CHF. Great fondue and rostis too. You may need to book depending on how many of you there are. A bit off the beaten track is Chez Martin, 300M down the road from the Farinet (going down the up road of the one way system - it will make sense when you're there) on the left. Excellent Pizzas and pastas at very good prices. Good pizza in Borsalino, almost opposite The Farinet, head up the hill towards the Church 50m. Fer à Cheval, halfway up to the Pub on the right is also good value, great atmosphere, but you will probably have to book.

There are plenty of places to eat in Verbier that won't break the bank, but as you have guessed there are some where you can spend a lot. You should be fine. Have fun!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ben_turner2102, The 'Gallows' steak in Aux Vieux Verbier (sp) up near Medran is well worth sampling. You have to book.

Can't remember how much that was but if you avoid their wine wines it should be doable. As much fillet steak as you can eat Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy