Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salzburg Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Managed to get a 3 niter in Salzburg with work and 2 days off to boot.
Just wondering where the more knowlegeable Snow Heads would recommend.
Im told Schladming would be a good starting place on the Ski Armada.
There are 4 of us, two of my collegues are from Riga and were informed of the trip before hand so have their own kit.
I was working out of Tallinn until yesterday and this was a short notice trip for me, so very little kit. I have hat, jacket and gloves but would need to find a cheap Ski Shop, to get a Base layer, Socks and Pants. Or at very least be able to hire a pair of Salopettes. Could you get a pair at a ski hire on the mountain or not?
Also what would typical ski hire and pass cost for a day?
All info gratefully received. Sorry this is such short notice for advice but seems too good an oportunity to miss really. snowHead
Many thanks in advance. Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@AJQ, I don't know if it was an autocorrect error, but the name of the ski area is actually ski amadé (named after Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart as he came from Salzburg, although to the best of my knowledge he never strapped on a pair of skis Toofy Grin ).

You might care to contact snowhead flangesax at Austrian Adventures based in Radstadt, I and many other snowheads have found him and his family to be most congenial hosts. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you decide against Schladders we stayed in Kitzbuhel (also not too far from Salzburg) where I hired sallopetes for a day after my bag was left behind at Gatwick. Sure there will be places in Schladming that offer the same too though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies guys, yes, i hate auto correct too Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are loads of places within an hour and a half of Salzburg if you are driving.

As suggested, Schladming is around an hour by road, or Kitzbuhel and the Ski Welt areas are both around an hour 15 to an hour and a half.

I'll be in St Johann in Tirol for a week from tomorrow, which is about 10 minutes away from Kitzbuhel. The TO transfer time is listed as 1:15, you can probably do it a little quicker by car.

There are plenty of ski rental places in all the resorts, but I don't know how many also rent clothing.

There are certainly some places which do, such as this one in Flachau (which is also in the Ski Amade area):
http://www.sportfischbacher.at/sport-fischbacher-flachau-english.html
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bummer had to bin it after all that.
+19C at SZG and +7C on most peaks. coupled with very high winds, not a good day to go Skiing Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The skiing was actually pretty ok and the temps soon dropped. Lots of fresh powder on the mountains Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Where was that then ? As all the resorts I checked were pretty dire to say the least....... All with Strong wind warnings in force with gusts up to 100 kph/ 60 miles an hour. I have been in resorts where the lifts and gondolas are closed with way way less than that.......
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Think Friday to Friday night was the worst.
I only looked at Zillertal, and they had shut all open chairs, but kept gondolas and covered heated chairs (and probably the draglift for rookies) open. And the lifts on the Salzburgerland side of the border all seemed open.
But I bailed and rebooked last weekend for this weekend instead.

Warm period is not an issue. Warm and rain for several days is. Or the foehn "alpine hoover".
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Andy, thanks for that, not really too keen on skiing Sugar all day. End of day/ last run of the day, when it is all chopped up, but not all day. There were lower runs in Rauris one year that were very very hard work in those cobditions.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Saturday, most things were closed around here, Sunday most of it was open, but some was heavy going early on as the lower parts of the resorts had been rained on.

Today most things were open, and the skiing on piste was pretty good. Not much off-piste available at the moment if that is what you are looking for.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy