Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cross Country race that goes up a ski run

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I remember watching on Eurosport maybe last season a cross country race which seemed to be quite famous where most of the race took part by going up what seemed to be a blue or red run..by traversing across but going uphil..it looked bloody hard.

Does anyone know about this race?.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tour De Ski -------Finals on Eurosport Sunday PM
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It was a particular event, just one day.

Been watching the tour de ski..great racing so far.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is the final race in the Tour De ski series they set off with the leader going first followed by the one in second etc etc and whoever gets to the finish line at the top first is the winner.
There have been some very interesting finishes because do you go off fast to increase lead/catch up and try and hold on or save something for the final grueling hill climb and all the switchbacks?

Edit to clarify.

The racers have a time difference gained over the previous rounds which dictates when they get to set off. Normally some reasonable gaps at the front but pretty soon almost mass starting as the times are so close.

Hope A.M is starting and does well would be great to see him finish in the top ten. snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah yes thats the one. Perfect thankyou. Thinking of organising a trip to watch it next year hence the question.
Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You could also check out the Mountain Attack in Saalbach, held every year in January. 42km of ski touring, starting with 1000 vertical metres uphill from the village square to the top of Schattberg (i.e skiing UP the icy black run on Schattberg) , then up hill and down dale clockwise around the Ski Circus, ending with a schuss down the main street back to the village square.

http://youtube.com/v/RBNl6afLtWc

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 8-01-15 17:43; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The last time I was in Livigno I saw a big Italian starting to ski up the mountain as I got into Carasello gondola. As I was sitting down to lunch at the top (nearly 3000 meters, about 1,000 meters up) he arrived at the restaurant. After he had eaten he then actually started to ski back down again which was probably even harder on XC skis Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Imagine meeting these guys on your way down Toofy Grin

This is a run on an open mountain. Annual Powder Keg race - involving basically touring around a course. Mostly out of bounds but some isn't and they have to carry a list of equipment etc. which is randomly checked at way points.

snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And after yesterdays race of the Tour de Ski in Toblach which was technically won by a Brit (Andrew Musgrave) who had the fastest time in the 25km pursuit and now lies in 11th place overall in the tour we should have a skier near the head of the field for the final up Valle de Fieme. He did well last year in the final stage of the tour so could do well again from a much better starting position, but there is still tomorrows race to go first in Muzzy's least favoured Classic discipline so we have to hope he can stay in a good position overall after tomorrow despite yesterdays exertions.

[img]
https://www.facebook.com/Britishnordic/photos/a.307727442633562.74331.272969302776043/792769610796007/?type=1
[/img]
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy