Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Sites for Last Minute Bookings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have neglected to book any skiing this year and am now anxious and full of remorse. I have a possibility to do a quick weekend with some mates or take a couple of my kids away for half term. Has anyone ever found a great site for getting last minute deals. I know flights are the main issue at half term, so could entertain the thought of driving to France, but I don't really like France and prefer the German speaking countries much more. I'm not sure I want to drive to Austria on my own - its just too far if I get hurt and I will be tired.

Is it the mainstream holiday companies that are the best or are there other options? I've never really done packages before (once with Direct Ski) , preferring to go DIY so not sure who is out there.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I once did one with a company called Snowtrex for four of us for some silly price. Admittedly it was booked 2 months before and we went at the end of the season to the tiny resort of Chamrousse. Still had 4 days of snow and I think we spent £400 in totally.

Also check out travel supermarket and a site called travelzoo they seem to do some good deals.

If worst comes to it i'm sure a main travel company could arrange something.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Western Austria is no further than a lot of French resorts...or maybe Italy, Val d'Aosta resorts just through the Mont Blanc Tunnel will be quieter than most French resorts at Half term.

Very few bargains to be had at half-term...most of the package operators have a last-minute deals page, but they're unlikely to be discounting half-term deals heavily until a few days before departure to sell the last few, probably to places with iffy snow...or check out an agent like Igluski...then google the accommodation name to find out the tour operator and book direct with them.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dirty Gibson, For Austria, Southern Germany or Northern Italy including the Dolomites try www.tiscover.com they have accommodation for various durations (not just weekly). Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Beware Icelolly. I found what looked like a great deal (on what was basically a Crystal Holiday). I got all the way to the payment and then they pointed out that transfers weren't included but would be about another £100 per holiday - which made them only slightly cheaper than buying direct from Crystal. I made my excuses and left.

Not sure if this is unique to Icelolly but I was really annoyed especially as I had lined up a group on the basis of the price they were advertising. We went elsewhere.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For off-peak weeks (i.e. January) the best bet is often to contact the Tour Operators themselves by phone, or in the case of the big TOs visit the high street travel agent. Don't just rely on the website price coming down. If you try it genuinely last minute (i.e. Thursday or Friday before travel) you can often find some unblievable bargains. For most tour ops early January is the least popular time to go with plenty of under-occupancy in the days leading up to travel, and they fill these atthe last minute with some serious discounting/2 for 1 offers.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have travelled with Interactive Resorts http://interactiveresorts.co.uk/ about 4 times now and not had any problems snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the posts. I can't wait so I've bitten the bullet and bought flights to Munich. So much cheaper than Salzburg or Zurich. Now to find somewhere to stay. Needs to have good intermediate skiing for the kids, nice side-piste for me and also at least one good spa/therme. Will probably end up in the Gastein Valley again but the kids watched Chalet Girl last night and want to go to St Anton! Train or hire car from Munich?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy