Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to Ski in early November

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I friend at work has asked me "where could i go skiing in early November this year" (to be precise 8th -15th). I know things would be baron that early, but is there anywhere in Europe that would be the most likely to have some coverage?

Appreciate any input in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Writing this year off and thinking about next year already? I know the feeling
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NZ might have some, but Europe in November???? rolling eyes
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tignes and the other glacier areas....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Norway had early snow in 2014.
But I would say anywhere glacial is the obvious place to check out...or somewhere where you can effectively ski all year round ( summer skiing) must be ok in November?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@thestoney6, Tignes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zermatt.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tignes, but be prepared for very long lift queues at the weekend and potential no skiing if weather is bad.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As @kitenski says, glaciers are the best bet......as well as Tignes and Zermatt try Austria, e.g. Kaprun/Kitzteinhorn, Stubai etc. I've skied a few times in Kaprun in early November.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skied a few glaciers. Tignes, Les Deux Alpes, Hintertux and Zermatt.
Hintertux would be my first choice for November if there are no other criteria.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hemel snowcentre normally has a good base at that time of year Wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well the Lake District and/or the Pennines usually get a day or two skiing in November, although not this year. Sad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There'll be snow and ice on the glaciers in early November, but a lot of resorts aren't open e.g. L2A. One or two of the Norwegian resorts may be, but it'll be hit and miss and they'll only have one or two runs open.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Book flights to Munich, Innsbruck or Salzburg, and wait until the week before you go to choose whichever of the Austrian glaciers (or Obergurgl) look best. Normally there's plenty of skiing, and often it's actually pretty good. In a normal year you could also score powder touring in whichever closed resort you fancy.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
peanuthead wrote:

Strange seeing you so pessimistic. You're normally so positive and full of stoke; what's happened?
ski holidays
Can recommend Pitztal in Austria, was there end of November last year (2014) and the snow was fantastic.
snow conditions
@dobby, Hintertux is open all year round and by November, the Stubai and the Kitzsteinhorn glaciers will also be open again. The Mölltal glacier is open as well but a bit limited in terms of what may be available. The Rettenbach and Tiefenbach glaciers in Sölden will also be open (the first World Cup races - GS for Ladies and Men will take place there on October 24th/25th). The Mölltal and Pitztal glaciers are used by the Austrian speed teams for training in the Downhill and Super-G disciplines, so not much of their terrain may be available to Joe Public. That's at least 6 glaciers available in Tirol I think! wink wink
ski holidays
@Samerberg Sue, I sit corrected. Thanks.
snow report
Think the Austrian speed teams only use the runs coming off the highest bubble (the 3 steep reds), pretty sure the other runs at Pitztal would be available. We had fantastic conditions where nearly everywhere else was rubbish
latest report
@Samerberg Sue, @dobby, Stubai opens in early September (and closes at the end of June).
ski holidays
@clarky999, depends on conditions - they aim for the middle of September but if conditions have been hot and dry in the summer I've known them wait until October before now! This past summer was pretty good for glaciers, lots of cold and snow in August for a change and the hot weather in September was not too hot to cause it all to disappear! wink
latest report
clarky999 wrote:
peanuthead wrote:

Strange seeing you so pessimistic. You're normally so positive and full of stoke; what's happened?

Ha? I'm totally pessimistic. The only good thing about this year is that it's great to be right (with pessimism)- but if I'm wrong that means we'll have good snow after all (wait that's an optimistic stance - gotta rethink..)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy