Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eastern Switzerland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Flights to Milan booked for a long weekend on the 16th. Ruled out France and Italy (unless there's a big change in the weather) and am looking at Eastern Switzerland. Anyone have recommendations uncrowded slopes. Not looking for steep north facing more meadows and trees, but with a decent vertical drop. I thinking of basing near Chur and trying different ski areas. Any suggestions gratefully received.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@BertieG, Arosa / Lenzerheide is an obvious suggestion. Davos gets very quiet (on the slopes) just before the WEF too (but the better restaurants are all packed lol)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here in Montafon (just over the border in Austria) would work pretty nicely...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A second vote for Arosa/Lenzerheide - an hour on the train from Chur - a most spectacular way to start and finish the day!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
agree about Davos/Klosters and can recommend a IFGMA guide if you need. am out to Flims on SAT but too limited at tree level
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lenderhide looks very interesting, Klosters I am familiar with @chrisJersey, is the guide in Davos? Montafon looks great too, not sure about the drive though? Anyone been to Sedrun? Thanks for the ideas keep them coming.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Disentis is a great place! Not too far from Chur and should suit your needs.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@BertieG, Disentis/Sedrun limited for pistes but appeared to have some rather excellent h.p.

That said, webcams http://en.disentis-sedrun.ch/webcams.html look as though there's less snow than in Monterosa http://www.monterosa-ski.com/phpwebcam/webcam?wid=6

I suspect any meadows and trees are still somewhat under-snowed as opposed to snowed under.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BertieG[/b], last season we used: Marco Lippuner <lippi>. Based in Klosters but knows the region. Ditto Martin Ruggli: http://www.swissfreeride.ch

There could well be better local options in the resort you choose but these may be of use in any event.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lots of good ideas thanks. I going to see how the forecasted snow happens or not and make a plan mid week next week.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The other main option from Chur is Flims/Laax, which is about a 30minute bus ride from Chur, or if you have a car there's a big multi-storey car park as you get to Flims.

Or you could head to Andermatt rather than Chur. It's normally very quiet during the week, though gets busier at weekends. However, you are mostly dependent on the Gemstock cable car running, and it is susceptible to strong wind
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think I might try Pizol one afternoon in early Feb when I am in the area. Anyone know what it is like?

Also, I had a Swiss friend (a piste skier) suggest Flumserberg. Any thoughts on this location?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Flumserberg is well worth a day, and it's easily accessible from Zurich (the gondola goes straight up from the station). There are some off-piste variations from the top two-person chair - nothing very long or remote, but reasonably steep
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Flumserberg is great mid week, but gets busy at the weekends. For this coming weekend it looks like the snow will be OK for most of the Chur area and we have been offered a good deal in Klosters. The hard bit is going to be staying safe.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy