Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to Montgenevre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, me, wife and 6yr old son are going to Montgenevre on 17th Jan for a week staying at le hameau des airelles. Flying to Geneva then hiring a car with winter tyres/chain included.

Was wondering the best route in respect of the Fréjus Road Tunnel. Any suggestions if you've done the journey would be welcome.

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Personally I avoid the Frejus tunnel and go via Grenoble, as I don't believe it's worth the extra cost. It only adds @20km to the journey, but it can add up to an hour more in journey time I'll admit if you hit traffic/bad road conditions - which with a young child I guess you'd want to avoid.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, cannot help from Geneva, but we go from Chambery to Modane ( will be signposted for Modane and St John de Maurriene ) along the Maurrienne motorway A43 and then through Val Frejus Tunnel. Turn of at Oulx and head into Montgenevre. The road into Montgenevre is not too bad, however there are a couple of tunnels after the val frejus which though are short in length, last year in January were very dark and full of misty fog.
We are also going to MontGenevre on 17th.

AA route planner gives a reasonable route
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mally, if there is snow forecast, use the Frejus.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, thanks for replies. Will watch the weather.......mixed feelings............ want snow but not on the 17th!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, I'll take snow but it needs to be after 5pm...................
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you go via Frejus and are coming back on, or before the same day the next week then look out for an aller-retour (return) ticket.

http://fdeas.com/Dokumenter/TMF/Nouveaux%20tarifs%20p%C3%A9age%202015%20Infos%20services.pdf
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
if you avoid the tunnel, which cols do you have to go over?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lottery.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, you have to go over the Col du Lauteret and through Serre Chevalier.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would use the Frejus tunnel unless saving the money on the tunnel is very important. it's a fairly slow road between Grenoble and Briancon with the col du lautaret in between whereas it is motorway virtually the whole way via the Frejus tunnel.
Particularly if it is dark there is no comparison as to which is the easier drive.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Hells Bells, that whole area is a closed book to me. I drove down through the Frejus tunnel a couple of days ago (and back) and was looking at all the closed signs (Galibier, Madeleine, etc, presumably a lot of them always closed all winter). It always seems a shame to dash past all those interesting sounding road signs. However, I am very pleased that I have 4 trips left on my "abbonamento" for Frejus. Two for when I go back to Turin next week, two for the Birthday Bash. The first time I've managed to use all the trips - it expires end March 2015.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frejus it is then................thanks.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We did the Briancon way from Grenoble on the way there and it took ages. Tunnel on the way back and was much quicker! Definitely the latter next time. Great spot btw! If you can do the trip to Italy up the mountain by skidoo for dinner it's a lot of fun, especially with kids.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy