Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift Passes three Vallees

Poster: A snowHead
Don't know if this is the right place for this question ?, but a group of us are off to La Tania first week of February, The travel company we have booked with don't do discounts of any sorts with lift passes and so we are left with the lift company to buy from. The only discount they seem to offer are for passes bought in two's or three's. we are a group of 12 and they don't seem to want to consider a bigger discount. Are there any other outlets we could approach ?. Any idea's out there greatly appreciated ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The 3 person Tribu price is the most discount you will get.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are no other discounts. They don't even offer early purchase discounts on season passes. Is it good value? Yes it's a huge area but will the average skier actually make full use of this in a week? Doubtful.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can reduce the costs by just buying a Courchevel Valley pass which gives you access to La Tania, Le Praz, Courchevel 1850 and Courchevel 1650, which is quite a lot of ski area.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Ade57, An average skier would enjoy the 3V pass, a beginner will not. La Tania to VT is a day trip. Lots of god skiing up around Mottaret and the top stations above Les menuires.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@blahblahblah, Not questioning that they would enjoy travelling, just the fact that you are paying for a lift and piste system that they will not make use of in a week. There are other resorts where travelling is possible at a lower cost. IMO the 3 Valleys is vastly overrated as a ski area anyway; crazy prices and overcrowded etc. Having spent all of last season there, I found little to change my opinion.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Ade57, They will be going to La Tania, so they are are already in for 225 Euro , so why not splash out 268 and have the 3V pass?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@blahblahblah, Definitely
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A big group of us are heading over to La Tania the last week of feb, from my understanding it's a mixed group from ski bums to two timers, I fall into the bracket somewhere in the middle (ski'd for 4 years snowboard for 5 years) I was wondering as i have never been to the three valleys would a couchevel valley lift pass suffice? I feel i already know the answer but one of my buddies has brought up the "Im skint and can't afford the extra £40" in a group email. My partner falls into the bracket of the "two timer" no puns! So obviously I'm not gonna be able to eat up the miles all week but one never wants to feel limited. so is there enough in the specified ski area to keep us all happy and not bother with the 3V'S or just go for the latter?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
welcome to Snowheads, @BearGroves snowHead The Courchevel Valley alone has more (and better) skiing than many a well known ski resort. Quite enough to keep you busy for a week, I'd say, especially if your partner is not going to want to burn up the miles.

It'll be quite busy - French school holidays - and it might be worth getting some local advice as to how to find the least crowded areas and lifts.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the reply, Yes and i believe there is the option to buy 1 day extensions to make it a 3V pass (Adult €31.50) ? Also i believe we are a group of 17 and we have been quoted £90 for transfers does this sound a little extreme? Thanks again.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
€90 for transfers (return, presumably) sounds par for the course to me. If you think you might want a one day extension it would probably be worth the extra for the 3V pass - that way, you can choose your day without a lot of discussion and dithering in the morning. It's not a lot extra, but there's certainly loads of excellent skiing in Courchevel. 1650 can be a nice, less busy, part and sometimes has better snow than other areas, if it's a big dodgy.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks again. Can not wait to get out there!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@BearGroves, I would get the full 3v pass. From la Tania it's just two lifts to get to ridge to drop down into meribel. If you've not been to 3v before then would you now want to see a bit more of it?

blahblahblah wrote:
@Ade57, An average skier would enjoy the 3V pass, a beginner will not. La Tania to VT is a day trip. .

I'm sure the last time we did it I was on gotshiel in the VT sector within a couple of hours, we had plenty of time to ski around VT before thinking of heading back. Does depend on lift queues I guess - we didn't have any
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for all the replies, I'm not a downhill God In fact this will be my 3rd season and loving it, my colleagues are fairly seasoned boarders/skiers and will want full passes, I'm just along to slow things down for them. Last year in Tignes we got half price passes for the group. But this year the company were with doesn't do passes. Thanks again
snow report
@bertie bassett, Thanks i think i will, luckily there is a big group of us so we can split into groups for a couple of days. Cheers.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy