Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What are the conditions like in Alpe d'huez.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, anyone out there at the min. who could give us an update on ski conditions
cheers Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ditto
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PM sarah@alped'huez - they look OK from here, but it's a fair way and my eyesight isn't that good!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just back from a mini break in Alp D'Huez and Deux Alps.. what we found was...

Alp D'Huez 15th-18th Dec
Lovely and sunny, but getting very windy over the weekend, 80kmh ! shutting all but a handful of lifts on Saturday afternoon..
In general tho about 75% of lifts and pistes open.
Top section (ie Sareene and the Tunnel ) closed, but you could get the cablecar up/down and ski around a bit on the top
Runs down to Oz and Vaujany open, and seemed the best and quietist in the resort..
Main area of resort mostly open, but getting very hard packed piste, and icy in the afternoons..
No sign of any rocks or stones..
Off piste looked pretty skiied out and unpleasent so we didnt bother..

Deux Alpes 19th-20th Dec
Even sunnier ! wind gone, glorious weather if rather cold ! -11 in resort !! and 'effin cold at 3600m on top of the glacier ! Shocked
Again about 75% of pistes and lifts open, but far less snow about than in Heuz...
Top section around the glacier and the runs down to the Mid station of the Jandry telecabine all really good, nice snow, but small outbreaks of rocks here and there, and lots of stones on some runs.. If you picked the right ones it was pretty much as good as it gets... if you got the wrong one, then you get skis like mine that look I've been on a road !

We had a great time, the resorts seemed almost empty, and there was 'just' enough skiing to keep us happy.. but as we were planning on seeing a few different resorts it worked out ok..

If i was going now for a couple of days then I'd say Deux Alps would be best, but it was for longer then it'd be Alp D'Heuz as there is just that bit more snow there and no rocks or stones...

I think in general tho, they are both crying out for that dump of snow that just hasnt turned up Confused
but are both acceptable.. Smile

Toby

ps Charlotte sorry I never got in touch, our plans changed, then I had one to many stellas and had to have a night off !! rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
toby wright, Well, you definitely owe me a beer next time!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
well if u insist
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
re ADH
Icy and cold all of Christmas week Crying or Very sad

But on Fri 30th it started snowing and hadn't stopped by the time I was driving down the hill on Sat PM - I had to dig my car out.
Lots and lots of new snow snowHead - Unfortunately I'm now back at work.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pistolpete,

Got back from ADH on Saturday. Conditions ahd been icy and a bit thin for the week, but it started snowing at about 1:30pm Friday 30th Dec and we had to dig our car out of 2 foot of snow on the Satuday morning. It should be as good as it gets in the new stuff, providing the sun comes out.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Conditions absolutely fantastic at the moment - more snow than we know what to do with and more on the way I think. My guests that arrived today pretty much went straight from the transfer bus onto the slopes as with the sun out as well it looked to good to missed! We still have availability for 14th Jan if anyone fancies a cheeky last minute trip. Check out our website www.skialacarte.co.uk or PM me for details. Discounts for all snowheads snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
katski, Sounds as good as here - which is what you'd expect!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Saw a beautiful pink sunset over the Pic Blanc this evening. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good news, coming over there on 21st Jan, hope the snow stays good.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy