Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Niseko - Anyone there? Impromptu Solo mission

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I may have an opportunity to go to Niseko for a week after a work trip to China in a couple of weeks time. I know nothing about the place, where to stay, where to ski etc and would be soloing it.

Is anyone out there at the same time? I find it much more fun (not to mention safer) to ski with other people so would be keen to meet up with others if anyone would be willing to show me around.

If anyone could provide any advice about where to stay etc I would appreciate that as well.

Thanks in advance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You should try on the threads in the Snow Reports forum as well.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go stay at Black Diamond Lodge - it's really easy to find good skiers to hook up with. I was there solo for a few weeks last season.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, thanks for that. I have been recommended Black Diamond for guiding but was told their lodge is out of town which would be awkward without a car.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PhotoTim, if you want to go out on the lash every night it could be a bit more complicated, but there's a bar and restaurant on site so it's not too bad. Lits are jsut a short walk away.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Conditions are great.

Niseko Hirafu is where the action is as clarky999 said.

Black Diamond run a good ship with plenty of options for guided excursions and for forming impromptu groups amongst the people staying there.

Enjoy.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the help so far. Looks like now maybe I go to Hakuba if I can figure out flights.

Any tips on where to stay and guides in Hakuba?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@PhotoTim, I'm arriving in Niseko Hirafu on the 1st of Feb for a week if you are there around that time
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would avoid Hakuba if you can. A couple of the instructors I work with are from Hakuba and they have said it doesnt have anything on Niseko for snow or amount of vertical. In terms of where to stay, if you like to go out and want the busier town then Niseko Hirafu is the one to go for. In terms of steeper terrain it also has the better runs too. Annupuri/ Niseko village will maybe be a bit cheaper but the terrain is not quite as steep although of course you can find some steep runs there and it is usually a bit quieter. If you want recommendations of places to stay or any more info then send me a pm and I can give you more info.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy