Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving Chambery - Les Arcs early Saturday morning

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Chambery Les Arc early morning Sat 10th Jan

Doing our usual trip from UK to Les Arc leaving UK early Friday 9th am. Leisurely drive and for a change we are planning to night stop in Chambery about 6 pm. Have booked right next to the autoroute. Plan is then to leave for 1800 early Sat am, trying to get a full day on the slopes whilst hopefully avoiding the worst of the Sat change over congestion. Fond memories of a Sat afternoon in Val years ago when it seemed we had the whole place to ourselves!

We were thinking of leaving Chambery about 7am. Never tried these timings before, have tried most others; driving through the night etc. My question therefore, is what time does the traffic start to build from Chambery to Bourg on the Saturday morning? Is it relatively quiet first thing Saturday?

Any thoughts, suggestions etc from other snowheads. We cant get away from the Uk any earlier and we can't have the apartment till 4 on Sat.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having driven through the night most times to Les Arcs to arrive on the Saturday morning. I must say I have never noticed any traffic problems at all. It normally takes about 1:30 for that section.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Doctorron, Leaving Chambery at 7am I'd have thought you would be fine. Don't know if you were planning on stopping for supplies in the valley before going up the hill - if you are, I'd suggest Intermarche or SuperU in Bourg rather than Geant in Albertville, as that would delay you getting through Moutiers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Doctorron, I used to regularly leave some god forsaken pit of a 'hotel' in Lyon at about the same time on a Saturday, never had a problem.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for that. Much appreciated
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy