Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arcteryx Jacket size and fit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey everyone,

I am a bit unclear with the sizing of the Arcteryx down jackets.

Large size - chest 109 cm / 43 inch
X-large size - chest 117cm / 46 inch

Now,what about the cm/inch between the sizes?

Does the large size start at 109cm/43inch and ends at 117cm/46 inch where the XL takes over?
Or does the L size end at 109cm/43 inch and the XL takes over from 109/43 to 117/46 ?

Basically,are the cm/inches the starting or the ending point of the jacket measurement ?
Asking because if one has 115cm it`s closer to the 117 XL size and it would make sense to buy that one but in the event that the Large size goes up to 117/46 inch,then the L size would be more appropriate for a clean,slimfit look.

Hopefully I`m making sense.

Regards
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I do not believe that they are are range values, ie all L jackets will be 109cm, etc.

One trap fir young players... Arc'teryx make different "fits", eg Trim and Expedition, for their jackets, depending on their intended use. Some are designed to have layers worn underneath, others are tighter shells for climbing, etc. Check out their website
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 for Using their website. They have a couple of ways to guage your size on there. If still not sure ring Facewest who are very helpful on the phone and sell at below rrrp usually.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unlike most other manufacturers, if you use their "ask an expert" service on the Canadian website, you will get a prompt reply, from the horse`s mouth, so to speak.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes please do ring (01943 870550), we will be very happy to help out.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy