Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for group/ski buddies for 7 days from sat 31 January 2015

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I'm looking for a group of skiers (or boarders actually - I could do either but I'm a better skier) for the above week. I'm confident on reds on skis and ok on reds on snow board.

Anyone interested? Don't mind where I go but needs to be Europe somewhere...

I'm a 32 year old female btw.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi - any luck finding a group? I'm looking for something around the same week, similar skill levels but skier only. I'm a 33 year old male. I've done a few social ski holidays before but really want to go to a different resort this year, maybe the 3 valleys somewhere.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads @Skibunny1234 snowHead

You're in luck! For a snowHead, that week is the best week of the season Wink
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2477467
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I also would like to ski 29th-7th Feb as my ski buddie may not be able to go as her father is ill!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmmmm maybe we could start our own group...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I am looking the same week
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm also planning a ski trip that week. I was planning to go with UCPA but a small group would be great. I'm a 46 yo male (I look and feel younger! Smile ) happy cruising the reds and a few beers. I used to love the social sking with silverski but the French authorities put a stop to that fun! Sad

Does that make 5 potentials?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ment to add I am 32 male ok on reds this will be my 4 ski holiday so not a great skier
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also interested for that time period - male 37 skier, reasonably confident on most pistes. Also a fan of 3 valleys like Willopad, but up for any Euro destination. My usual ski buddies are otherwise engaged by new children, so looking for a group to join!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Do we have 6 interested folk here? If so I am happy to do some hunting for 6 person deals to see if there are any good options? Let me know.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was looking to go away the last week in Feb but I could also do 31st Jan to 7th Feb.
I am based in Northampton.
Would say I am an intermediate Boarder. Happy to be on Reds and love a little of piste fun as well. Happy to go anywhere in Europe.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OK, looks like we have a few interested parties, I'll have a hunt this weekend and see if there are any great deals to be found. Have a good weekend all - Jon
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Jon
I am happy to go Catered, Self Catered. What ever the majority want to go with.
Have used both Alpine Elements and PLeisure for Catered Chalets and have also sorted everything out seperatly from Flights to Accom and Hire of Cars. If you want any help let me know.
PM me for contact details
I JUST NEED SOME SNOW!!!!!!!
Chris
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi All,
Going to throw one straight out for you - 3 Valleys, staying in FULLY CATERED chalet (including those magic words, unlimited wine), breakfast lunch and dinner all covered, in St Martin, which is a small village on Les Menuires valley, direct lift to slopes, £375 for a week from 31st Jan. This is plus ski pass and travel, and rooms available are 1 room with a double and 1 room with 2 singles. Any takers?
This is a Travel Zoo deal, so not likely to hang around long, let me know if you are up for it!
There is an overnight ski bus going straight to st martin for £140 return, which would probably be my choice for transport, but open to other ideas.
Cheers,
Jon
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi all,

I haven't checked this thread for a couple of days but I'm still keen to go. I guess the TravelZoo offer might have gone by now but there are still a few promising options around I think. Crystal has a decent half board hotel in Brides Les Bains for about £550 each including flights and transfers.

Is everyone on facebook? Might be easier to organise it there. Feel free to add me and I'll create a group or something... http://www.facebook.com/rich.d.wilson.

Cheers,
Rich
ski holidays
Hello ladies and gentlemen just joined the site Very Happy I would also be interested in the dates suggested, and would be happy with three valleys although wish to throw chamonix into that mix. I am a 24 y/o male, snowboarder comfortable on most piste some off and more than interested in the social side, meeting new fellow winter enthusiasts Cool I'm off work for the next 4 days so can help hugely (hopefully) in the planning.
regards, Phil.
snow report
Hi everyone are you still all up for going? Anyone been on travel zoo again? Rich have people contacted you on Facebook? The holiday you mentioned sounds ok?
ski holidays
I am still up for it if you's dont mind a intermediate
latest report
How do I make contact
snow report
Hi All,
I Checked the Travel Zoo deal in St Martin, it is showing as available, but the rooms are a twin and a double, so good for 4 and 2 people will have to be very friendly! Details here: http://www.peak-pursuits.com/prices/special-offers/
Has anyone used Crystal Ski before? As per Rich's post, they have a few deals around the £500-550 mark, even a hotel deal in Courchevel I saw for £414 self catered. Also, do people have a preference over hotel or chalet? Catered/self catered? Just trying to narrow the search field a bit. If we can call what we want then I can keep hunting, fruityphil too if he has soon days off!
If I have counted right, it seems we have myself, skibunny1234, fruityphil, willopad and naughtystick who are all keen, and a few other possibles, so maybe a 4 or 6 person holiday?
ski holidays
Just two people on facebook so far but let's give it a few hours. Happy

Phil, personally I'm trying to avoid Chamonix this year as I've been there far too many times. I can highly recommend Cold Fusion Chalets for a social holiday there.
snow report
Not to worry willopad I had just been looking at a few and it was between chamonix, val thorens and three valleys so jist thought I'd mention them. but I'd be more than happy with three valleys especially with those sorts of deals available. I have done self catering and hotel with meals so open to either, a catered chalet would be a great way to mingle though Very Happy
I have used crystal ski and can highly recommend them, although I have not personally done a chalet so would be nice to try. I will dig for some deals now wink

ps strange as it may be for a 24 y/o these days but I'm sadly not on facebook as a personal choice but if it were to be the best way of contact I could reboot the ol' profile Razz
snow report
Jon, I've been to Les Arcs with Crystal before and they were pretty good. The reps were student/year out type people of course but did a decent job.

The Peak Pursuits one looks pretty good but the double room could be an issue.
ski holidays
I don't normally use it either but I've just joined the group... I don't mind where we go or how we go! But would prefer it not to be Italy as I've been there a couple of times now...
latest report
Inghams has some deals on catered chalets in the Three Valleys for around £550-£600 including flights. Haven't looked to see if the accommodation's any good yet but I've travelled with Inghams before and they were good.
ski holidays
Twin rooms are going to be a problem aren't they? The chalets don't seem to have enough twins. I was looking at Hotel Athena in Brides Les Bains with Crystal and they only seem to have two twins available for the week we want.

http://www.crystalski.co.uk/ski-resorts/france-ski-holidays/brides-les-bains/hotel-athena/
snow conditions
Maybe they would swap the beds for us?
latest report
It would be worth checking whether the doubles are actually two singles pushed together. Seems to be pretty common on the continent.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am easy about where
ski holidays
Like the idea of chalet
latest report
I'll contact Crystal tomorrow to get more info, to check, we have myself, qasha12000, willopad, skibunny. @fruityphil, and @Naughtystick, you all in?
@blueboy, @Susan Cater, are you still in?
Looks like 4 defs, 2 strong possibles, 2 unknown.
I'll ask about availability, bed moving etc.
snow report
I am def in one problem I can see if I am coming from ireland
ski holidays
Thanks Jon. Count me in.
snow report
Hi guys,
A friend and I are planning on going skiing in Europe on Sat 31st Jan and it'd be great to join a fun group. Have you maybe decided on the location yet? Is there a facebook group for the event? We're 29/30 year old females and would be traveling from Manchester; one intermediate and one beginner.
Oh, and I've been with Crystal before and found them alright.
Karolina
ski holidays
Hi Karolina,
I've started a facebook group but not everyone has joined yet. It's here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/389709201206653/
I hope you like early starts... most places I've looked only seem to offer a 6am flight from Manchester! I was thinking of maybe going from East Midlands instead where it's something more sensible like 9am.
snow report
Hi Guys

I am 85% def will just need to book time off work etc.

Are we still going on the 31st Jan?

I am happy to go with the majority on transport and accomodation.

I will add myself to the facebook group

Look forward to catching up with you all.

Cheers

Chris
latest report
Hi yes I would say I'm a definite if the price was in the regions we've looked at so far. I have just requested to join the facebook group. As to flights manchester would be great with me although any midlands airport would be ok, I'm certain a company like crystal would be able to sort something should any of us need to fly from elsewhere though. An early start wouldn't bother me either, just starts the excitement sooner! Very Happy
ski holidays
Hi All,
I will post this update to Facebook page too, but here is what I found out this morning:
Hotel Athena has availability for 6, but has few rooms left, so we need to move swiftly. Prices checked today, based on going in pairs on 31st Jan would be £531 from Birmingham, £589 from East Mids, both to Chambery. Transfer is by coach and takes about 2hrs30.
We can travel from separate airports if preferred, based on the price I would probably go from East Mids, otherwise I would have to arrange parking at Birmingham.
THE BAD BIT - Rooms are Twin or Double and Twin can only be offered as a PREFERENCE, not guaranteed.
Also, payment needs to made in full - So I suggest best way might be to pair up and make the booking in 2's, it adds about £5 to the price per peron according to the website. Otherwise one person has to stump up about £3k for the whole trip and collect that all back off all the group.
So based on that, who is in and who wants to be whose holiday buddy?
Cheers,
Jon
latest report
I am still interested in going but need to share with a girl...
snow conditions
Hi Guys

Just to let you know Willopad and myself have booked up for 31st Jan at http://www.crystalski.co.uk/ski-resorts/france-ski-holidays/brides-les-bains/hotel-athena/
If anyone else care to join us do let us know before hand.

Hopefully we may se some of you there.

Chris
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy