Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Lesson - all at once or split?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What would be more beneficial, 2 two hour lessons over two days or 1 four hour one on the first day? I know everyone is different, would just like to see some opinions.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@hydrox, 2x2-hour lessons. A 4-hour private could be a bit intense, possibly from a physical point of view but certainly from a mental point of view, if the instructor is pushing you along at a good rate of development. Two lessons with time in between also allows you to practice and consolidate changes between the two sessions.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree. 2x2 works best for me.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do the lessons need to be over 2 days?? Could you have a 2 hours lesson then use the rest of that day and the next to work on what you've been taught then go back for the next lesson on day 3?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Daleybou1234, i agree that learning does require a period of consolidation, but there is also a Forgetting Curve, and i would be concerned that your plan of a day and half between lessons would be too long and allow bad habits to form.
I think the ideal is a morning lesson followed by an afternoon's practice.
I would also suggest that 2 lessons is not enough. You will do so much better with three (or even four).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies. I was thinking 2x2 myself, but having seen a 4 hour option I wondered if many people would opt for it.
@Jonpim, I like the idea of the morning lesson with an afternoon's practice and I definitely agree about the extra lessons, but I would need to wait and see how healthy my finances' are when the time comes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If money is an issue group lessons usually cheaper?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chances are, and ideally, the instructor will highlight and tell you how to fix your 2 or 3 biggest problems. You will then need to work and consolidate the fixes. That isn't going to happen in an afternoon. You can then move on to the next set of problems. A 4 hour private lesson is either going to be very repetitive and/or very intense.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy