Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jacket sizing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have had a look for a thread but can't spot one about this.

Very basic! I need to buy a ski jacket, but it's been years since I had to buy one and can't remember the sizing. I will get one off eBay, but are they sized with base layers etc taken into consideration? For example, I would usually wear a size 12 'normal' coat and that's comfortable with a jumper under it. Would a ski jacket of the same size be too tight or are the jackets a bit bigger because of fleeces etc which most people wear?
    ski holidays
     Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
    Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
    Buy whatever jacket size you would normally wear. That said, I would google a size chart for whatever brand the jacket is. And if you still aren't sure, there are brands that come up bigger or smaller - snowHeads might be able to help you with that snowHead
    Also, you need to consider if the jacket is insulated (in which case you won't want it too roomy) or just a shell (which leaves more room for you to add layers as required)
    ski holidays
     Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
    Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
    Thanks @igLou - I have my eye on a Billabong one at the moment - a few Roxy ones have caught my eye too. Is a mens small the same as (or similar to) a womens medium?
    snow report
     You need to Login to know who's really who.
    You need to Login to know who's really who.
    @JanieS, you would have to check the size charts but probably not (different cut?)
    snow conditions
     Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
    Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
    There's no substitute for trying them on. I would suggest men's jackets have a different cut, bigger across the shoulders and around the waist for example, so you may find them uncomfortable or unflattering.
    snow conditions
     You'll need to Register first of course.
    You'll need to Register first of course.
    @JanieS, men's jackets have a different cut, making no allowance for hips. Unless you have a boyish figure I wouldn't recommend it. I have had to wear them for uniform sometimes and they are a pain. I wear a women's small but have to go up a size to a men's medium and tuck the bottom under to get into a men's. It's not a good (or comfortable) look.
    ski holidays
     Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
    Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
    Oh I hadn't considered that the cut might be different - I've seen a gorgeous jacket on eBay I was going to bid on - men's small - it's a Billabong five-0 jacket in the orange, yellow and blue one. Can't find it anywhere else or in a women's - but after you said that about the fit I might give it a miss. Sad
    snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy