Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best soft bite valve for hydration pack

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Discovered yesterday that the rocks / stones on the Grand Massif pistes have caused a bit more damage to me than just my ski bases, I hit a large rock on Friday which upended me and I landed on my side, straight onto the Source bite valve on my hydration pack, its the twist type made out of hard plastic with a hard cover. Its kindly broken my ribs Shocked (which i have done a few times before, they will just fix over time)

So I am going to replace the bite valve, but I need advice to one that is soft and does not leak when you lean on the pack on a lift. Freezing issues should be ok as its inside a dakine bag shoulder strap.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've only ever used camelback ones, which work really well. They come with a secondary valve now too to stop leaks and the whole lot can stay in the shoulder strap of my pack all the time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@carroz, the Dakine bite valve is pretty good.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought this http://www.decathlon.co.uk/isothermic-tube-id_8126667.html from decathlon and it works a treat and doesn't seem to leak even if you leave it open from its snapped back position.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SOURCE hydration packs are the best you get

Tougher, better designed than all the others

Personally I've found over the yrs insulated tubes are pointless in cold conditions - they still freeze up

The best technique is to blow air back up the tube into the pack - then there's nothing to freeze Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you

@Mosha Marc, so one like this, just stuck on the end of the hose (will remove the source one)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/camelbak-big-bite-valve-multipack/rp-prod75223?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedKingdom&gs=1&ds_e_ad_type=pla&gclid=CI6bkcCf-sICFUrjwgod5jkA1w&gclsrc=aw.ds
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@carroz, yep, but paired up with one of these if you're worried about unscheduled drips!

https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/product/10867298623945667138?q=camelbak+bite+valve&hl=en-GB&gbv=2&prmd=ivnsp&prds=paur:ClkAsKraXx6kwqSqFNGpPODnjU1F_xLTH9lKt-QkrVOA_JIodsd3di27DSbwIebmhWabSx-C7eXdgHCYYh2fEAQRV0yHgEukEJP1AkvDATMnJqaMYPA0uAOklhIZAFPVH70qw3mC4zR2nAjs-A8ROMeZWQIkIw&sa=X&ei=jXuqVLavDZTaatuYgIAD&ved=0CEkQ8wIwDTgU
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mosha Marc, Thank you, will try just the bite valve at first and see what happens.....................
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
To be honest, the only time its leaked was when I put the bike on it in the car and drove for an hour
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy