Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sending Ski Kit back to UK from France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

I have kept my Snokart bag in the resort in France for the past year at a cost of 200euros and am thinking about bringing it home after the ski trip this year.

Here's the dimensions of the bag: Ski bag / snowboard bag: 184cm x 35cm x 14cm approx. and the weight is going to be about 30-35kg. Well there is 2 sets of skis, 2 sets of pole, 2 sets of boots and 2 helmets in there.

Any ideas on what is the best value? We got ripped off by BA when we took the kit out there and we're flying with Easyjet this time.

Many Thanks,

Jason
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads @ski_isola snowHead

Whichever airline you travel with, 32kg is a very significant weight as it's the limit beyond which baggage handlers aren't supposed to lift an item on their own. There will always be complications if you exceed this.

Until recently, you could book an item of sports kit on Easyjet which would add 12kg to your standard 20kg limit giving you one bag of up to 32kg. Not all check in desks understood this so there was a web page we all printed and carried in our passports for just such an occasion. I didn't fly much last Winter so I don't know if it still works this way.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm not sure where you are staying or where you are from in the UK, but there are plenty of Seasonairre groups on Facebook, with people travelling by car back and forth quite regularly. If you gave someone a few bob, and they have room, they might bring them back for you?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You must keep the weight PER PIECE under 32kg or it will need to come home freight which is really really expensive. If you can't get weight down, split into a second bag. *I run an international courier firm*
The suggestion from DaleyBou1234 is best advice.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Would the train be an option?
Does the train have any luggage restriction?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the advice guys,

the train isn't an option as flights already booked. Easyjet want £60 for skis at 20kg or maybe able to get the larger 32kg sports allowance for £70.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Go for that option... You won't get them back cheaper, trust me.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy