Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zurich to St Anton train

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit confused with the tickets for this train trip. Is it best to pre-book the tickets or just get them when we arrive at the train station? Is there a risk they will sell out? We are going on a Friday morning and returning the following week on the Friday afternoon so I am guessing it won't be too busy compared to a Saturday or a Sunday.

Also is it cheaper to pre book than buy tickets at the station? I know it is cheaper to buy the tickets from the Austrian train website than the Swiss train website.

Any help is appreciated!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SpeedySydney, I always buy in advance online to save the agg of queueing when I'm there.

No danger they'll sell out and the train (from Zurich main station) is a super-huge Railjet thing with about 15 carriages which goes right through to Vienna with more than a dash of the Orient Express. A great train trip Madeye-Smiley

I reckon the price will be the same or perhaps cheaper in advance but not sure on that one
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lucky you!! I have done this journery loads of times. If you book early enough, online tickets from SBB are cheaper (sparpries) and save hassle on the day. Only good for the train you are for (time specific) but can be substantially cheaper. Tickers for two bought together are generally cheaper than buying separate. Check out whether the ticket to Innsbruck is cheaper than St Anton. It often is. Just get off and on in St A. Tickets from Austrian railways normally the same price. Can be bought online in advance at oebb.at. They have a cracking deal for train , taxi to accomadation and 6 day lift pass for st A, but as far as I know, not available for journeys that commence outside AT.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SpeedySydney, buy in advance via SBB website
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good to know that the tickets won't sell out. I was worried about being stuck in Zurich waiting for the train.

What the details about the cracking deal? I have a pickup organised from the station to our accommodation but I am interested in cheaper lift passes!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Its a combined rail/ski pass ticket. You need to research yourself on oebb as only you know your travel dates.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Make sure you include the journey from the airport to the main station and return, or you may get a 30 euro fine like me
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Might be a long train but likely yo be full of reserved seats.
We used this train to and from Innsbruck in dec, were very lucky to find seats and even then were turned out by people who had them reserved

So perhaps book and reserve in advance if you can
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's also an Arlberg Express coach service direct from the airport to Lech/Zurs/St Anton.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy