Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One good run

Poster: A snowHead
Had a great run yesterday and made a little video of it. My friend and I were some of the first up to the peak of Annupuri (Niseko, Japan) this season, and the run down was as powdery as you'd expect.

The Peak from James Winfield
https://vimeo.com/115793630
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks rubbish mate!!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dreadful wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
wow pow wow Very Happy
But do you guys have prosthetic arms - the arm with the camera never seems to move - how do you do that Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You can go off some people real fast. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Johnor wrote:
wow pow wow Very Happy
But do you guys have prosthetic arms - the arm with the camera never seems to move - how do you do that Puzzled

It definitely does move sometimes, I actually broke that mount by hitting it with a ski later on that day! But I do try and keep it as stable as possible.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah you are killing me. I am already in trouble with my son, he voted for Japan, I decided on the dollies we are off on tuesday Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Excellent work. Thanks for posting.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nice Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for posting. Jealous ? Me ? Nah........... Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That sums up how perfect skiing should be for me - thanks for posting Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great powder - nicely skied.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
WOW ! nice pow ! I want some !!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very Happy Keep 'em coming
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm off to Niesko with the boys in Feb, looks epic, and a little scary!
snow report
Om nom nom.
ski holidays
Love that run. Be there in 10 days... just keep snowing!
ski holidays
If anyone has any tips / recommendations for a Niesko newbie then please share, we're there for a week followed by 2 days of fun in Tokyo. Thinking of getting a guide, is it worth it?
snow report
Yeah a guide is definitely worth it, it's not the easiest mountain to find your way around, and most of the best stuff is in the backcountry. I am pretty busy in Feb, but check out nisekophotography.com, they do guiding and you get a few shots included as well.
latest report
That looked good.

Wish I was back there
snow report
@jimmer, thanks
ski holidays
@jimmer, that looks absolutely sick. So so jealous!!
latest report
Did I just see this on Ski Sunday?
ski holidays
@adithorp, I thought exactly the same!
snow conditions
adithorp wrote:
Did I just see this on Ski Sunday?

I thought that too, shame they didn't show a bit more of it
ski holidays
jimmer wrote:
Yeah a guide is definitely worth it, it's not the easiest mountain to find your way around, and most of the best stuff is in the backcountry. I am pretty busy in Feb, but check out nisekophotography.com, they do guiding and you get a few shots included as well.

Thanks for the steer, just booked up their Powder Hounds and Introduction to Back Country guiding days - the photos they take (as seen on Facebook) look pretty epic as well. Can't wait!

Any idea where to go for good (European style) après?
ski holidays
Nice but I have to take issue with your prose:

> My friend and I were some of the first up to the peak of Annupuri

The snowheads style guide says that should be

Myself and me mate were some of the first up to the peak...
snow report
@davidof, you forgot to mention 'innit'
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
trainee snowboard jedi wrote:
jimmer wrote:

Thanks for the steer, just booked up their Powder Hounds and Introduction to Back Country guiding days - the photos they take (as seen on Facebook) look pretty epic as well. Can't wait!

Sorry for the thread resurrection, but I fly out to Japan tomorrow, very excited after a shockingly crap week in Chatel this week.

As said, we've got Niesko Photography booked up, but where's the Apres? It's a boys trip, so will be work hard, play hard Smile
latest report
jimmer wrote:

Sorry for the thread resurrection, but I fly out to Japan tomorrow, very excited after a shockingly crap week in Chatel this week.

As said, we've got Niesko Photography booked up, but where's the Apres? It's a boys trip, so will be work hard, play hard Smile

Sorry, missed your post earlier. Glad you booked with NP, you should have a great time with them. As for apres, there are not many options for real european apres, there is a little bar called yurtz near the vale/family lift which is pretty good, most of the partying goes on later, big foot is a good spot, gyu bar is cool, splash and moon bar are dive bars but pretty cheap and fun.

It's been a bit warm recently, but it looks like this week should be good.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy