Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off piste at Easter... where to go and what to expect

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So we're trapped by the University and school holidays. Skiing 2015, which must include a healthy amount of off-piste, has to start on 28/29 March 4/5 April. We don't have the luxury of multiple trips per year, so we need the off-piste snow to be reliable.

I figure Val d'Isere should fit the bill. Anyone care to comment on off-piste opportunities at that time of the year?

Perhaps surprisingly, the all-in cost of a trip to Whistler is very similar to Val, but the place has a reputation for shocking queues at that time of the year: the entire skiing population of North America is reputed to arrive on Good Friday and the lift lines are legendary. Does anyone have experience of Easter in Whistler.

Or is there a better option that we should be considering?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think French school holidays do not coincide with ours at Easter so Alp lift queues should be better.

Val Thorens/Les Orelles?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Utah?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
Utah?

I looked at Alta but the pricing didn't seem to work out this year - sadly, it ran to a few grand more than Whistler for the whole family. It's on my visit-before-you-die list, though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Jonny Jones, I had exactly the same situation and opted for Cervinia,worked out the best price wise and hopefully we can get access to Zerrmat if its not windy for some good skiing. I'm hoping to have some guided days for around the valley area aswell.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Jonny Jones, best time of year IMHO, very high change of getting either spring snow or fresh powder or both on the same descent!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski wrote:
@Jonny Jones, best time of year IMHO, very high change of getting either spring snow or fresh powder or both on the same descent!!

@kitenski, which resort(s) were you thinking of?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Jonny Jones, Tignes or Val - although you may need wellies to get back to La Daille at that time - depending on how the season goes snowwise.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Jonny Jones, I've skied Easter for the past 12 years I think, had good conditions for off piste in La Plagne, Trois Vallees and the Arlberg....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
La Grave is usually good at this time of the year in my ocassional experience. If you want pistes as well one of the nearby resorts with trips over should work.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonny Jones We've stayed in Tignes every year for 7 years over May Day Bank Hol weekend - with an occasional night or 2 added at Val Thorens.

At that time, we've skied powder at altitude on a surprising number of visits and always had a great time. I'd say you can book with near certainty for reliable off piste conditions for easter 2015. We've always managed to ski down to Val D in late April/early May as well - & most times down to Les Brevieres - albeit sometimes on a strip of snow/total mush. Good fun and better than downloading by lift Smile.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy