Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New goggles needed, any advice from owners?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

My Zero Rh+ goggles have seen their last use, as they now have a large crack in the lens......need some new goggles and have a couple of ideas based on threads in SH and would like some advice - any input appreciated.

I am only able to physically ski approx 2-3 weeks per season die to work and holidays, so won't need a huge amount of use, I'm also the type of person who prefers sunglasses in sun/good light and only use goggles in snow or when it's super cold. I must also confess to faffing around with them when on and off lifts etc which has frequently lead to fogging, so looking for good anti fog performance (and a moderation of my faffing)

I have read great reviews on the following at different price points, and would simply like to ask if anyone really thinks it's worth the extra £60 odd for smith quality and an extra lens...

1) Bolle Gravity Modulator - with blue vermillion lens (flat light I believe). Can get these for £50-£80 depending on colour.

https://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/bolle-goggles/gravity/black-caligraphy-20921/41383.aspx

2) Smith Io7 - with green sol x mirror + red sensor (easily interchangeable). Approx £130.

http://www.smartbuyglasses.co.uk/designer-sunglasses/Smith/Smith-I/O7-IE7NXBK15-254087.html

Any advice at all would be welcome, thanks in advance, Neil.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've just skied in my new modulators and can verify that they work well in flat light and all that bloody snow in Austria. No idea what they are like in bright sunlight yet though Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@musher, cheers for that..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can get the IO7 from amazon for about 107 pounds, they do come with 2 lenses as well.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00L37SNEO/ref=gno_cart_title_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=amz07b-21
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ALDI's £7.99! https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/our-specialbuy-events/skiing/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have just used a pair of Bolle Nova Modulator Citrus Gun over Christmas week in 3V and found them excellent in all light conditions, bright sun to whiteout Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have I/O and have found them excellent.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm a big fan of Smiths but £130 seems an awful lot for something that is going to live in your backpack most of the time. I have IO and really like them, but I wear goggles all the time when I am skiing. They seem quite resistant to faff-related fogging. I don't take an undue amount of care of them and they hardly ever fog on me
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Bolle Nova never fogged on me once.

I wear them with contacts so once they're on they stay on and the beauty of the modulator lens is that there really is no need to take them off or change them throughout the day. From the specs on the lens tints the modulator blue is even better in low light but doesn't go quite as dark when things get bright.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arno wrote:
I'm a big fan of Smiths but £130 seems an awful lot for something that is going to live in your backpack most of the time. I have IO and really like them, but I wear goggles all the time when I am skiing. They seem quite resistant to faff-related fogging. I don't take an undue amount of care of them and they hardly ever fog on me

+1
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks so much everyone, seems like they both do the job really well as I expected, will probably go for the Bolle as cant really justify the extra for the amount of use, cheers all
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy