Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer To Tignes (Midweek as individual) - Advice required

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good evening all,

I'm a new member. I've been reading the forum for the past several months with great interest. In my first post I'm seeking some help, but hope that I'll be able to contribute to the Snowheads community from here on in.

A group of us are traveling to Tignes for our annual ski holiday week commencing 24th of January. A friend is hoping to join us Monday to Friday although at present we're struggling to find a suitable transfer from Geneva. Her potential flights times are as follows:

Inbound Flight: Arrives Monday 26th Jan at 20:30
Outbound Flight: Leaves Friday 30th Jan at 14:10

Could anyone recommend any possible options? Public transport does not appear to be available any day other than Saturday, and I'm assuming that there will not be a train running that late on a Monday evening? We are prepared to pay up to say £150 if necessary?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Jordan
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The return is easy - Altibus will get you there by 1040, outbound is much trickier - even if there are trains you are going to end up in Bourg when it has closed (probably even for taxis). The Altibus on the Tuesday doesn't leave until 1230 so you would lose a day's skiing.

So options - trawl the private transfer operators to see if you can bolt on to one, coolbus.co.uk run a lot of vans to and from the resorts around Bourg. There is a website where you can post as well (diatransfers I think)
Failing that see how far you can get by train (eg Chambery/Albertville) and book a hotel overnight and get the first train to Bourg, and then a bus or a cab up the hill
Other than that its a private transfer (€600 return) or a hire car.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Chocksaway,

Firstly thanks very much for taking the time to write a detailed reply. Based on the limited options I've convinced my friend to catch an earlier flight to arrive in Geneva at 9:30 Monday, then catch the 12:15 altibus to resort, and the 06:40 return on Friday as recommended. Can't imagine she'll enjoy the outward flight after arriving home from Praque late the night before, but at least there'll be minimal messing around and no lost skiing.

Thanks again,
Jordan
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy