Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Therm-ic / Lenz boot heater compatibility

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, anyone know if the newer Lenz battery packs/charger are compatible with the now defunct Therm-ic boot heaters?

I think my charger's knackered but I don't want to ditch the whole system and go through the agro of swapping the heating elements in my custom insoles.

Cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i am not 100% sure that it is, i remmeber our rep talking about it and i cannot remember which way round it was..,.... thermic is not defunct, they went bust a few years ago and got bought by Sidas, thermic product is pretty widely available
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @CEM, I'll need to work out which bits aren't working now we're back home and see if they can be replaced. I've looked at the Sidas stuff before but it seems the Sidas system has "opposite" connectors.

The worst bit is having to take a Stanley knife again to some of your fine custom insoles to make more adjustments as t'other half is already complaining she hasn't any room in her boot....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It should be fairly simple to check the charger with a multi meter. And if it is dead a universal charger should do the job.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I saw these on the sports direct website http://www.sportsdirect.com/lenz-snr-44-920325?colcode=92032590
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hello @ansta1, I've not gone as far yet as sticking a meter across the terminals but I've gone and bought a multicell charger from CPC that should be able to cope. A universal charger wouldn't work as the batteries are soldered together. I've had to replace the NiCd batteries in the sealed packs as some were dead and the packs wouldn't hold much charge. I used 1900mAh Nimhs instead in the hope that I'd get longer heat-time from them but I just don't think the Therm-ic charger was up to the job of charging higher capacity and different technology batteries.

@gad, they look interesting, just wish the photo was better quality. I'll keep searching and I'll post a link if I find a better picture or more info.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy