Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arosa or Lenzerheide?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're kind of stuck now on Arosa-Lenzerheide, but can't yet make up our minds if we should live in Arosa or Lenzerheide?

So simple question: which one and why?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What are your priorities? Lots of skiing? Nightlife? Other stuff for non-skiers?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arosa is one of my all-time favourites! Stay near the Obersee and you are handily placed for the railway station, the Weisshorn cable car and the bulk of restaurants and bars. Inner-Arosa is quieter but more visually attractive. Nightlife is fairly sedate and dining out/drinking is fairly pricey as is normal in Switzerland. A car isn't particularly useful as the spectacular rail journey from Chur is the best way to arrive.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SkiingDad, Arosa is a much prettier town (and correspondingly more expensive)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are a family, so cosiness and convenience are priorities, whereas nightlife doesn't matter at all. It seems that Arosa comes out on top, but I have some concerns that the skiing area on the Arosa side is a bit on the small side and the hike to the Lenzerheide side might feel to much of a chore... That's my main concern. Other than that, I think the prettier town wins.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@SkiingDad, it's not a 'hike' over to Lenzerheide - it's an exciting and memorable expedition through breathtaking Alpine scenery Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@red 27, but of course... but perhaps the could be too much of a good thing?

Just last March I experienced a memorable expedition in the extremely long drag lifts going back to Cervinia from the Zermatt side... in a gale... in -20C... Although the experience was "memorable", the entire family decided that we should never ever experience it again.

Slightly different experience, but still...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No extremely long drag lifts involved in the link between Arosa and Lenzerheide just a state-of-the-art cable car and modern six-seater chairlifts! Certainly, not a trek, just a fully-integrated and efficient lift link across spectacular country!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you are choosing a place to live and not just to ski, I would choose Lenzerheide out of the two. Reason being its a very long and winding journey up to and from Arosa. It's ok doing this journey a couple of times a year, but any more frequently becomes a big drag. Regardless it's simple to ski between the two resorts without the need to live in Arosa. Switzerland is a great place to live in winter and summer and it's good to be in an easy location for getting out and enjoying the whole country / rest of Europe.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@SkiingDad, Ah yes - I know that drag!

as ADH, says, I'd live in Lenzerheide, but holiday in Arosa
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, we are definitely talking holidays now, not living as in ... living.

Based partially on the information given here and information received elsewhere, we are leaning on Arosa, because it just seems a little bit nicer for holidays. Besides, I believe we have a rather nice deal for the accommodation. I just hope the trip over to Lenzerheide will be interesting enough to make the endeavour worthwhile.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@SkiingDad, Let us know how you get on. When's the trip?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Enjoy; I love Arosa and the link with Lenzerheide has made it even more worthwhile. And the spectacular trip up to the resort by train from Chur is an enjoyable experience.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@SkiingDad, I'd vote for Arosa too - I haven't stayed in Lenzerheide but my best ski holidays as a kid were in Arosa, the village is charming and it's a really nice place for a family holiday. The Kulm hotel is fabulous, if you're still looking for accommodation I'd highly recommend it
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy