Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to stay in Selva Val Gardena.

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, as no one is going to Passo Tonale ( http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=114952 ) we are looking to also book a trip to Val Gardena.
While my daughters and I are reasonable intermediates my wife is an ultra timid beginner.
Can you recommend anywhere there that has easy access to the beginner/nursery slopes? Hotel, apartment or chalet?

Many thanks
DJ
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hotel Astor, Selva. 50m flat from nursery slopes.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mollerski, Looks lovely - do you know of any UK TO's offer that hotel? The reason I ask is that DIY transfers always seem tricky into the Dollies
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Mollerski,
DIY or do any of the main operators go there please???
Kind regards,
DJ
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DIY. Madeye-Smiley We're there in two weeks.

Ask for Doris, ignore the name, she's cute. wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Transfers from INNS or Verona are easy. PM me if you need any info.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Drunkenjoiner, Hi we stayed at the Hotel Serena last year which was perfect for what you describe. One of our party was very timid too but was happy with the Nieves beginners slope that is ski-in / ski-out from the hotel.
We booked direct and flew into Verona with Monarch and the hired a car!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mollerski, dude - how do you do the transfer please? Cab from INN or somemat else from VCE?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@red 27,

http://www.val-gardena.com/en/taxi-and-bus/page162.html
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks darbyrw I will take a look at that hotel, it sounds promising.
At this point Innsbruck would be my favourite, so will look at flights and transfers. Not interested in driving at this point though.
Thanks for the link Mollerski
Kind regards,
DJ
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mollerski, ta. Enjoy your trip snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@red 27,

Cheers for that. Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
+1 for the Serena (it backs onto the nursery slopes..)

Hotel Alaska is at the top of the nursery slope and near the bottom of the Dantercepies bubble (Continental is in the same area)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi, I'm Max, 63, from Holzkirchen in Germany!

I went several times to Val Gardena and the Dolomites in general and tryed hotels, B & B's, apartments etc.

After few year I chose the solution with the apartments, as the level is quite high in Val Gardena, but the rates competitive, the only problem is that there are plenty of owners having only one or two apartments, so it is quite tough to check them all through.

This Winter i booked an apartment in Ortisei and I was quite satisfied, as I book through a new kind of small company called Apartment4holiday, which helped mer avoiding the chaos to call several owners to check for availability, very professionally.

I found them through www.valgardena-apartments.com website.

Have a look at it, I hope I could be helpful.

Bets regards,

Max Müller
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Max,

Really? Try Canazei. Much more accessible generally.
ski holidays
Hi!

I tried already twice Canazei, but I found it generally less organized and with older structures, Val Gardena is in my opinion better from the view of the Quality.

Cheers

Max
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy