Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nendaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have had the very good fortune to win a short break at a luxury hotel in Nendaz.

The 4 Vallees, and Nendaz in particular, has never been on my radar in 40 years of skiing.

So any tips, dos and don'ts, particular recommendations would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@LOTA, Nendaz is a super place.
In the middle of the 4-Valleys.
Its own quaint little ski area, plus all the lovely 4-valleys skiing.
Best to have a car so you can drive up to Siviez to get quick access into the main ski area, but there is a bus.
Quiet place, but some nice pleasant bars and restaurants.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can recommend several very good instructors there if you are after lessons.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you; no car so will need bus to go further afield. My mrs will need some lessons.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Do try the burger here

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g658753-d2222382-r125068162-Edelweiss-Nendaz_Canton_of_Valais_Swiss_Alps.html Cool
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ask for Emma S. http://www.montagnemagique.com/the-team

Rachael H. or Matt W at Neige Adventure.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1 for Neige Aventure
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just love Nendaz. Great little town surrounded by great skiing.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm going back there in February. It's a great wee town, with plenty of bars, shops etc. The Canadian Bar is for younger skiers and Tchin Tchin is a bit more suited for a quiet drink.

There is a newish lift taking you from Nendaz to Siviez, but I found it to be quicker to use the bus up to Siviez.

My friend has a chalet in the town, so if there us anything you want to know I could ask him for you. Also the larger town of Sion is reached by local bus if you want a short afternoon off of the slopes.

Have a good trip.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@WiznaeMe, just had a look at the Nendaz Piste map (not been there for a number of years) - which one is the new lift?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I really like it there and have stayed 5 times if memory serves me correctly.
I don't know your level or outlook so will put my experience up and you'll have to discount the bits you don't need.
Nendaz ski area "Tracouet" lifts straight out of the village centre and has some nice runs back down to village on red/blue pistes, going left or right from top station with my favourite there being the right direction with a nice rolling turning red down through the trees. Both directions are nice and wide without any massive steeps so not bad for all levels. Good cafe with big decks at top of gondola and download ok too if ski level demands, nice place to sit in the sun at 2200mtr. There's also a nice small bar where the pistes meet up again just above the village which makes a good stopoff on return at the end of the day.
I've always skied across to Siviez (the central link village to most of that sector of the 4V) except when we were there at a seasonal low point and there wasn't enough snow to keep the link open, was only once though. That sector is also really good to ski as well with a lovely run down from "Plan du Fou" into Siviez, it's easy going that way but would need more skill coming back as it's via an unpisted plus black back onto the chair that lifts you back to top of Nendaz.
Siviez gives you access to all of the different areas being like a hub with each spoke taking you out to one of the valleys the largest being via "Tortin" and on to "Col des Gentianes" which is the main entry point over into Verbier. Up to the CdG is practical even if you don't ski back as it's a fantastic view up there and also from there up again to "Mont Fort" at 3330mtrs if you want to visit the highest point of the area, you can ride the cable cars back again with just skiing down the final Tortin to siviez section which is used alot by the ski schools as it's such a gentle blue.
A good ski out would be Tracouet/Plan du Fou/Siviez/Tortin/Col des Gentianes then all the way acrosss Verbier to the bottom of lift 304 and some nice cafe with decks before a return run via les Ruinettes/Attelas/Chassoure and back to Tortin toward Siviez, Nendaz.
The only runs back from Verbier sector are via Itineraire routes which can be jumped via a lift down if you don't fancy them.
Nedaz village is also good with a number of different "ambience" bars, loud to quiet and small decent places to spend an evening.
Hope that gives you more of a flavour of the place, I've really enjoyed going there.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thank you; all very useful intelligence. @WiznaeMe, appreciate the sentiment but don't think we'll be having a 'short afternoon off the slopes'! Very Happy I will make contact with Neige Aventure/montagne magique in due course. Already sounds a perfect destination for our mixed abilities. @ski3, Thanks, I prefer not to download by lift if I can help it, but always good to know that option is there for my other half who will be on her third ski trip. Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I know what you mean about downloading by lift, those two routes back from Verbier are well worth doing as well so hope you get the conditions to enjoy them.
I've often run a mixed group and usually we try to get anyone up high to see those fantastic views so I guess I'm conditioned to getting them all back down again and realise that it would be wrrong to expect people to scare themselves if their ability didn't allow.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There is s regular skibus shuttle to the Siviez 'launch point' which is an alternative to the busy Tracouet> Planards> Plan du Fou route. Coming back via Siviez, I'd recommend the bus for those daunted by the black run down from Plan du Fou; or anyone who is tired and just wants to get home.

If anyone plans to ski down the extensive Chassoure mogul field (from Lac de Vaux) then I'd very strongly recommend them surveying it first, and then making their own decision to do it: Catch the gondola up from Tortin to Lac de Vaux and take a look. Even good intermediates can have problems with it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy