Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Childrens lesson recommendation for Aime La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I have a 7 year old and a 5 year old. Last year in Flaine, the elder did well in beginner lessons and was getting down blues and the odd red by the end of the week; the younger was in "Green Mouse Club" and so has no practical experience.

Having searched last year's posts, ESF and Oxygene both have mixed comments. Should I use ESF at Aime (next to our accommodation) or is it worth trekking down to Plagne Centre to get to Oxygene? We used ESI last year - very happy but nearest is at the bottom of the resort.

Do I need to book ahead for the week commencing 29/1/06 (i.e. the one preceding French holidays)?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sproggski, We stayed in Aime last year, albeit at half term and were messed around by Oxygene. When are children were at similar ages we used ESF with generally good reports. One time the group was large, the weather poor and the standard of care not good. Over New Year so very busy. But the Kids learnt loads and are now lmuch better than us!.

Getting from Aime to Plagne Centre first thing is a trial, where are you? We were in the MGM appts, very nice but need to ski down, get a lift up and then ski to PC, depending on lesson times can be stressfull.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, martyngb, that's not the first I have heard of Oxygene messing people about. But I did sit on a terrace watching a childrens group at VDI, both on the slope and when they brought them in for drinks. They seemed to be treated very well and the dialogue was overwhelmingly English.

I have booked the MGM appts as well but I hadn't realised that PC was lift ski lift away, it plan makes it look as if the telecabine takes you all the way there. Aime will be so much more convenient (taking the outlaws to sheriff the groms!) but I am a little fearful of a lack of English speaking instructors at ESF or my little babies being barked at by someone using the only four words of engish they know Sad

Despite all this, we all keep going back to France rolling eyes Just shows what a great country it is, winter or summer!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sproggski, We booked 16 in for ski school with Oxygene in Jan. We pre booked via website and e-mail and they were most helpful. All in our party absolutley loved the Oxygene lessons. First morning was bedlam but then isnt it always. We stayed in 1800 and after 2 days even the begginner kids could get the lift from 1800 up, ski down to the golf lift, up to Aime, and then ski down to Plagne Centre. It can be a bit of a trudge accross PC to the ski school meet point. From the Telecabine it is about a 100 m walk to the meet point, very handy.
It was quite fun skiing down to the lessons. Half term is bedlam everywhere, but based on the 12 kids and 4 adults we put into Oxygene I can only give them a big thumbs up. You should be fine last week in Jan, but do pre book.
EDIT:Big thumbs up for La Bergerie mountain noshery just above Plagne Villages / Soleil. And for the place near the golf chair just below Aime 2000, called "Au Bon Vieux Temps" it is an unexpected gem.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sproggski, Frosty the Snowman, Echo the comments on La Bergerie, although never had the bottle to try the "Marmottes Urine". There is great little restaurant just above the entrance to the lift at 1800, the one adjacent was OK but the one set on the slope was excellent.

MGM appts were great inspite of being so busy, small bar in the ski hire shop which was got for a couple of rapid apres's!

From the MGm to the Telecabine is a 10 minute walk via the main battleship like block of Aime. Across the car park, up a lift, along a walk way, cross the road and then up 3 floors to the main retail area of Aime. A good few bars, couple of restaurants and a spar. Plus v loud computer games area, lift pass shop etc.

The instructor at Oxygene could not have been better but the pick ups, timing and general customer service were lamentable. The ski across PC is OK with a bit of momentum but probably hard work for small children.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy