Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hameau Du Borsat in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have recently booked apartment for 6 people in Hameau Du Borsat in Tignes with Leisure Diection, who have now advertised the same apartment, but now for 4/5 people. Have been reassured from them that we have been allocated the apartment for 6, but feel a little uneasy, especially as our friends have 4 children..... oops, I know bad move to fill French apartment to capacity. Has anyone stayed at this accommodation, is it the usual French compact box? Any reassurances would be welcomed.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I haven't stayed there for many years (probably about 5), so things may have changed since I was there but I would have said that putting 6 in a 6 person apartment in that building may be very cosy indeed. We put three in a six person apartment and were tripping over one another! However, apartment design in that building varies quite a bit, IIRC, so you may be luckier than we were last time - on previous visits we had better apartments, also rated for six. Simple accomodation, well positioned - but yes, the usual French compact box.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BeckyBB, Dont expect a penthouse suite. I think Alastair's, last line sums it up well.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
First time we visited French Alps in 2000 we were given accomodation exactly in Hameau de Borsat - we got that appartment for 6 people and we survived there despite the fact there was 6 of us Smile Despite being from former communist country we were bit shocked however we got used to it somehow. Anyway since then I have visited few other destinations in same price range - La Plagne, Val Thorens,Val Cenis, Chamonix - and can say that apparmtents in Hameau de borsat are the "most compact" - especially those removable beds in narow corridor.
Since then I always look at square meters of floor area when searching for accomodation in France and always book bigger appartment for less people. I am really curious how the appartments in Arc1950 will look like cause they claim about double floor area than usual.

So to sum it up, you have surely became standard Tignes appartment however the standard can be also higher in other resorts.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy