Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Options for getting from Turin to Gressoney?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I'm about to book a weeks solo trip independently so I can attend a week long off piste course. Now the course provider are offering a return transfer @£90 but on the inbound flight it will leave me with 6 hours to put in on my tod in Turin, flights are limited so doesn't appear a later flight is an option.

Option 1 Smallest/cheapest hire car is £55 for the week, plus petrol and tolls I guess will come out to there or there abouts £90?

Option 2 Transfer-are there any other transfers companies anyone can suggest? I guess the issue may be that Gressoney isn't a large area so demand is low for such services?

Option 3 Slightly more left field options considered. If I'm hiring a car I could make use of the extra flexibility. If I can get accommodation and flights I could consider other options such as flying into Geneva and getting a couple of extra days skiing. Plenty of smaller areas on route.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Bene, i'd do 3.

Probably public transport to G, but probably painfully tedious.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Depends when you land.. But it is possible to blag a lift from a TO bus
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try inghams they do turin to gressoney transfers
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@yorkshirelad, & @PBJ, I'll have a look at those suggestions.

How does one blag a lift on a TO bus? The flights are TC so I'm assuming there's some package trips on the go based on the flight-Neilson possibly?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A few years back we were in Gressoney on a TO trip, a friend came independently and traveled from Turin cheaply by bus. I don't know any details.
For a ride on a TO bus, apart from blagging you might try asking the TO HQ.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jbob, I'll have a look cheers. I'm not really cost sensitive but defiantly convince sensitive! Plenty of flights into Geneva to do Option 3. I could stick with the Turin return flights and by hiring a hire car be in Gressoney for lunch time quite comfortably and get in half a days warm up skiing.

How are the roads from Turin if I self drive looks pretty straight forward? I guess as with anyone travelling independently if you miss your flight due to bad weather you're screwed whereas on a package the TO is obliged to get you home.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We have booked a car a few tines in Turin and driven to Gressoney. The open road. Part of the drive is easy and if there were tolls it was cheap. The part of the drive that is harder is the winding up the valley to Gressoney itself but slow and steady and you will get there. You then have the benefit of getting around Gressoney if you want (there are some nice restuarants in Gressoney St Jean).

We now usually fly to Milan Malpensa - approx 30 min longer by car but loads more flight options.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Bene, just be aware of renting car from Italian airport, it won't have snow tyres, they probably won't give you snow tyres even if you pay for them and the diesel won't be winter diesel, so any whiff of a chill and you'll be stuck.

Additives on sale at most garages, most of which are closed at night, so if necessary just add a litre or two of petrol.

Internet search will find transport, surely.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@SkiingQuinHat, Thanks for that, I could also consider Milan but as @under a new name, in less than optimum conditions it could be a bit dicey.

@under a new name, There's plenty of taxi companies but no one that I've found yet offering seats on shared transfers-there is a bus service that changes in Pont Saint Martin but isn't showing availability for the Sunday.

It's looking like a car or twiddling my thumbs/heading into Turin to put the time in in order to catch the bus that is being put on.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Bene, no, look for public transport. Ie buses. Maybe with trains.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Train to Pont Saint Martin, then local bus?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've been on a TO's bus when two lads blagged a lift with the rep, i think they dropped the driver a few euro's,
also when we went to Champlouc for the first time, two couples joined us on the bus, they said they had arranged it with crystal !! lot cheaper than hiring etc.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've found another flight that will get me to Turin a little later with a 3ish hour wait which while not ideal is a bit more reasonable. By time I collect my luggage probably more like 2.5 hours to grab something to eat and a few beers. Bit of a waste of a day though that I could have spent at least sometime skiing.

Thanks for the suggestions. Is there much in Turin airport?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Bene, nope, not much at all.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy