Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

can you get these in the uk ? (buckle fasteners/levers)

Poster: A snowHead
are these available anywhere in the uk

http://www.skitoolcompany.com/

its a tool that acts as a lever and makes fastenign the boots easier.

I got one as a freeby years ago at a show and have never foudn them since

want to get one before friday
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thats exactly what I need! I usually have to get a man to fasten my top buckle by the end of the day.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yeah they are dead useful - i had one and it was great , people protested that 'you don't need your boots *that* tight......... ' , but i didn't use it to get then tight, just to not need any effort and close with finger pressure.

I got handed one free at a snow show in manchester about 5 years go - but can't seem to find them for love nor money.

seem just a good simple idea - and they are on sale in america, but not here.....

amazon in the states has them :

http://www.amazon.com/Multipurpose-Boot-Buckler-Carrier-Assorted/dp/B001J2TW1G?tag=amz07b-21

but nto the uk branch.

think i'm going to see what I can do with a bottle opener or piece of pipe!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You only need to visit a bootfiter
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ooh, natty gadget. Want.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mooney058 wrote:

True. If you have to tighten the boots so much that you need extra leverage, it means two things: 1. you actually deform the shell of the boot if you apply that much pressure; 2. your boots are probably too big/packed-out. Go to a bootfitter and (re)fit your (new) boots. I'm talking out of experience.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or take a lesson in putting your boots on.

Junior#1 was complaining a few days ago that he loves his new Rossi Hero skis, but can only do 4 or 5 runs on them before his feet start to kill. Investigation showed that he was clamping all the boot buckles down as far as was possible as this allowed some of his flex to get through to the ski. But his powerstrap was loose!

Undoing all his buckles, then tightening the powerstrap around the inner boot (not the shell) until flex in the ankles translated directly to movement of the back of the boot worked wonders. The buckles were then done up firmly, but not to the stupidly tight degree he had previously been using. After a few runs he commented that his boots were a lot more comfortable and a lot more effective. What a surprise.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheizz wrote:
mookgney058 wrote:

True. If you have to tighten the boots so much that you need extra leverage, it means two things: 1. you actually deform the shell of the boot if you apply that much pressure; 2. your boots are probably too big/packed-out. Go to a bootfitter and (re)fit your (new) boots. I'm talking out of experience.

Mine are from an excellent bootfitter. first thing in the morning the buckle only just fastens. As the day progresses qnd the boots warm up I need to tighten them. There comes a point where I just don't have the strength to fasten the top buckle because of the angle. We are not all younyoung flexible people!. I don't loosen the boots at any time through the day as they fit so well. I've ordered one from the US
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@RobW, I know very well how to put my boots on. When I tighten the top buckle later in the day they are comfortable not stupidly tight.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@holidayloverxx, ditto, it's my fingers that are the problem, not the clips!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Pedantica, yes..granny fingers (me not you) are becoming a problem and I'm only 54 Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My boots have geriatric levers built in. I do use them.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You can get the buckle butler same idea at glide and slide
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I used to have this problem - the 'tabs' on the buckles were very short on my model of Tecnica's so it was hard to get the leverage to flip them over without a death grip and resulting trapped finger. They were also a crap design and after one failed and another was on it's way out I got them replaced. The tabs on the new buckles are a little longer so hopefully be eaiser. Will find out in Jan, snow permitting...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@strolz, google not bringing anything nor on glide and slide's website
latest report
Hi,

strolz wrote:
You can get the buckle butler same idea at glide and slide

Not on G&S website but in stock, I ordered by 'phone - 01943 461136 - £9.95 + £2.00 p&p.

Regards,
snow report
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skiboot-Butler-Wintersport-Closing-Buckles/dp/B00BGNA0YG?tag=amz07b-21
snow report
stopped selling them in the uk years ago
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy