Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

maybe silly qu? frozen feet

Poster: A snowHead
hi,
ok, so i haven't skiied for about 5 yrs, yet today my feet were frozen, i never recalled them feeling like this b4.
what can be done to help me keep feet warm. i was wearing a pair of nordica socks and ski in salomon x wave8's
or was it due to very short runs and lots of pulley lifts?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try wearing a smartwool sock. Don't over tighten your boots and see how it goes. Maybe if you're in new boots you're try to think to much about their feeling and feeling the cold that was always there. Twisted Evil
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
zakopane, Get a survival blanket and wrap a small portion of it round the hard insole of your boot shell. this does help quite a lot. (practical experience). If this is not enough, seriously consider boot heaters. Alternatively (& I haven't tried this yet) you can get air activated heated insoles from Morrisons (seem to be made by Jeyes).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski wrote:
zakopane, Get a survival blanket and wrap a small portion of it round the hard insole of your boot shell. this does help quite a lot. (practical experience). If this is not enough, seriously consider boot heaters. Alternatively (& I haven't tried this yet) you can get air activated heated insoles from Morrisons (seem to be made by Jeyes).

Doh, may pinch this idea, may have some modifications on the theme. Thanks Easiski Twisted Evil
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks,

I'll be trying these tips 2morrow
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes thats a good idea easiski, as i also suffer from cold feet and toes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
zakopane, I fitted Thermic heated insoles to Deb's X-Wave 8's & she thought that they were great when we were in L2A in October. It wasn't that cold but she only had them on the first of three settings.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been doing this for years, started with tin foil and then graduated to survival blanket!!!! No enough for me though, and have bought boot heaters this year! Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
zakopane wrote:
hi,
ok, so i haven't skiied for about 5 yrs, yet today my feet were frozen, i never recalled them feeling like this b4.
what can be done to help me keep feet warm.

I had this same problem last season. Boots that I'd been happily skiing in for the last couple of seasons suddenly gave me cold, numb feet. What I didn't realise is that the boots had a puddle of water in the heel and slightly damp liners which had never leaked before. I found out by pulling out the liner...

The boots kept my feet much warmer after I'd let them dry with the liner outside the shell, which I had to do every night after that...no amount of duct tape was stopping the leak! Shocked

Anyway, it's worth pulling out your liners to take a look what's going on.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski,

Cheers pet, wish i could send you a photo of what we did. Eventually were able to shrink wrap the liner with the survival blanket, looked perfect, not a crease in sight. I think this may become quite a popular modification for our racers as it doesn't effect regulation and makes a huge difference to those using plug liners. I owe you one, can be so dumb sometimes, has to be said, those whom know me think i've my head up my ass. Cheers again. Twisted Evil
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, The advantage being no weight and takes up no space either. Really - necessity is the mother of invention! I had cold feet and not money ...... Glad it worked well.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Um, what do you wear on your head?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wear The Fox Hat, On mine the warmest double fleece hat I could find!!!Additionally I sometimes wear a headband (fleece of course) as well and if it's windy snowy I put my hood up!!!! I also wear one of those tube things over my face if necessary. Shock Shock Shock
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, I should have put zakopane's name in my post!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wear The Fox Hat, Embarassed Embarassed
snow conditions
i have just bought some thermic ic insoles - £50 looking 4wd to trying them out.
snow report
zakopane, so, what do you wear on your head?
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, should the correct answer be a fox?
snow report
I am getting really quite concerned about my toes.... I have skied in the very cold before and not had real problems. However, I am sitting at home and my toes are blocks of ice inspite of the heat being on and them being well covered..... it beats me why, I am really very tolerant to the cold anywhere else on my body and I am presuming it must be me just getting older (though im not sure 24 is old enough!). Do the thermal insoles really work? They look very expensive in general.

Id need some which would work in the US (120V) but Id be reluctant to buy anything that then wouldnt work here at 230V. I have noticed thermic, hotronics and alpenheat.... are they all roughly the same? Where is the cheapest I can get something (I am reluctant to spend £100 for something which will only be worn just over a dozen times a year!)?

Zakopane: where did you get your insoles and was that a price for the insole only or including battery pack?

Thanks

Adam
snow conditions
Fox is being serious. The largest proportion of heat loss is from the head, due to the massive amount of blood flow to the brain (well, to mine, anyway).

Under cold stress, the body will want to maintain this, and may do so at the cost of cutting down circulation to the less essential extremities - like feet.

So, to keep your feet warm, wrap your head up well!
ski holidays
I road tested the Morrisons air activated heated insoles yesterday (1 use only), and they worked quite well. My toes were a little cold twice, but I think they would have been frozen without the insoles. Quite expensive at about £5 per pair for one use only, but for ocasional use I'd recommend them.
snow conditions
easiski wrote:
I road tested the Morrisons air activated heated insoles yesterday (1 use only), and they worked quite well. My toes were a little cold twice, but I think they would have been frozen without the insoles. Quite expensive at about £5 per pair for one use only, but for ocasional use I'd recommend them.

Sad Unfortunately we dont have Morrisons
latest report
Acacia, thank you for that, I sometimes notice how easily the simple facts get ignored...
snow conditions
buns, They're made by Jeyes so the chance is they'll be sold elsewhere, but the only place I've seen them was in Morrisons. I've written to Jeyes to ask where else they're available, and whether they'd even thought of skiing as an application Shock . I will keep snowheads updated when I have information!
ski holidays
Are they anything like these Easiski?

http://www.winterswarmth.com/products/grabber/toewarmer.htm

I know I can get hold of those at about £1.50 a pair which is acceptable..... I presume they are simple the same as handwarmers, but moulded for feet (using handwarmers seems a bit uncomfy to me!).

Adam
snow report
Keeping the core warm also prevents the extremities freezing, ie plenty of fleeces or a gilet
snow conditions
I bought my thermic insoles for 70 zloty = £12, the battery pack 200 zloty = £35 in Poland

I have just come back from 3 days skiing, no cold feet, yet i thought my feet would be really warm(ie: sweaty) but they weren't like that either.

Very happy that I had no cold feet, the temp was -11 at the top of the mountain.
snow report
Ah nuts.... im not going to poland this week rolling eyes

Just bought some of the toe warmer 'hot pads' so hoping they will do the trick ok
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
buns, No - the ones I have are sole shaped and very slim. they really don't affect the fit of the boot at all. I wrote to Jeyes about them, and have already had a phone call and an email! Very impressive. I can get them wholesale in the UK, but you do have to order a lot. Aparently they should retail at about £1.29! Will keep you posted when I've investigated further. I used them again today to good effect. I'm loath to cut a hole in my foamed inners, and avoid the thermal ones cos they're not very comfy!! Sad
ski holidays
Oh very interesting easiski..... for someone going away in 10 days, do you know of anyone in the UK who sells them mail or internet order style?

Adam
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy