Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do we wait or do we book?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. Me and four friends have booked our flights to geneva. We arrive in geneva on the 8th jan and we're flying home on the 11th jan. We want to ski on the 9th and 10th. So the question is this, do we wait until last minute to book accommodation or should we book now? We don't really care we're we go as long as snows good? Ideally don't want to travel far but will do if necessary.... I was pro waiting until a couple of days before and hopefully getting good snow and good weather...... But some of the guys think that this might limit our accommodation choices.... Any thoughts or experiences would be much appreciated???
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a while until then and things do tend to change quickly. Depends whether you'll be able to get what you want at short notice.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd definitely wait. Snow isn't good at the moment (in fact it's pretty dire in many places within easy reach of Geneva - with forecasts of rain this coming week except at high altitude).

If your friends are very keen to book now, I'd look at Cervinia - good reports of snow from there and not too difficult to drive, through the Mont Blanc tunnel. Will you be renting a car?

On the other hand, the situation could be completely transformed by then and you'd be able to find snow much closer - places like Morzine .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maybe see if you could book somewhere that can be cancelled that has decent snow now. Obviously if things change in the meantime and there's a decent widespread dump of snow (we've all got our fingers crossed for that!) you can reassess your plans.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah I've got 1 option booked in la thuille in Italy. But I'll start having a look in cervinia and other snow sure resorts!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I'll start having a look in cervinia and other snow sure resorts!

no such thing as "snow sure" but the recent weather happens to have favoured more southerly places. Sometimes it's the other way round. There's nowhere more "snow sure" than Tignes but they've been struggling to open very much, too, though places like that (e.g. Val Thorens) are in better shape than lower areas. A lot of claims for guaranteed snow are relying on being able to make artificial snow which has not been possible for much of the time recently because of high temperatures. And should snow cover remain very poor generally in some parts (which is possible, has happened before) then those few very high areas might be so crowded as to be fairly unpleasant.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy