Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Valfrejus for Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As a family of four skiing novices, with a 7 year old having lessons and a 3 year old who is too little to ski just yet, we tend to look for small French resorts to ski in. Partly to give us a little more slope space to build up our skiing confidence, partly because they tend to be cheaper, and partly because they tend to seem more French somehow!

Last winter we went to Val d'Allos in the southern Alps and absolutely loved it. This winter we have booked to go to Valfrejus , and we arrive next Saturday in time for Christmas, we're so excited and can't wait to get there!
We picked Valfrejus mainly because of the affordability and being around 3-4 hours closer to Calais than Haute Provence it's a little more convenient (we go self catering to keep the costs manageable) and we can pack up the car with everything we need for the week. With 6 days of lessons booked for my son, we'll be pretty much based in resort with little opportunity to tour around the area. It's a small resort with a limited number of runs, but our skiing is not yet good enough to get bored by doing the same runs all week, we could ski mount Hemel for a week and still enjoy it!

We've been torturing ourselves with the webcams for weeks wondering when the snow is going to arrive, and thankfully there now appears to be good coverage on the main and higher pistes, it's just the last run down into the village that looks a little thin on snow at the moment. Hopefully some more snow will fall between now and next Saturday.

I have a couple of questions regarding Valfrejus and Christmas in France, any advice would be greatly appreciated Very Happy

Firstly, are there any snowheads who have experience of Valfrejus, and could make any recommendations about how to get the most out of the holiday? What should we see and do, what shouldn't we miss out on, any particularly good ski runs to aim for, and if we do a day in another resort nearby which would you recommend for beginner/intermediate skiers?

Secondly, this is our first Christmas in France, are there any french christmas traditions or events that we shouldn't miss out on? I'm really keen that the kids should learn about local culture if at all possible.

Lastly, are there any snowheads heading to Valfrejus for Christmas week this year - always good to see a friendly face!

Thanks in advance for any advice or thoughts on Valfrejus you want to share!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy