Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arinsal at New Year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

I am a new member here and hope I don't get thrown off because I am not actually a skier/snowboarder! Shocked

I do love to go to Austria/Slovenia/Switzerland in the summer and am more of a walker and 'appreciator of stunning scenery'!

The reason I am here is that I am a Travel Counsellor and I have some clients that I have booked to go on a short break to Arinsal over the New Year.

They are looking for somewhere to celebrate New Year's Eve - restaurant or hotel - and I didn't know if anyone on here might be able to help with recommendations.
I have emailed the Tourist Info Office and also the hotel they are staying at but have had no replies from them as yet.
I was searching round and 'googling' and came upon this forum, so thought it was just worth asking!

Many thanks in advance. Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Poggy, welcome to sH!

I don't have any specific recommendations, but most places including all hotel restaurants will do a special New Year's dinner and the grapes-and-cava tradition at midnight (which is a Spanish thing that Andorra will follow along with). They tend to need to be booked and paid for in advance though. After midnight, there'll also be parties (the cotillón, in which you wear the party hats and blowers), most likely in the same places. Perhaps the accommodation you've booked your clients into can advise? Though if it's a place with its own restaurant, their advice will be limited to their own event, of course!

There's at least one Arinsal resident on here, who will hopefully be able to provide more ideas in due course!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you for the welcome, Pyremaniac!

Thanks for the info - it is just great to be able to pass on info from people that know about these places. Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Go to Google maps
put arinsal in the search bar, this brings you to a map of Arinsal
now type hotel, in the search bar
this shows all or most hotels there

I have stayed in two
Hotel Arinsal, avoid, not very well run
Comapedrosa Hotel Arinsal , not a bad hotel, from the back, nice mountain views
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy