Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All I want for Christmas is... ?

Poster: A snowHead
With the season of goodwill and generosity almost upon us what piece of ski/boarding equipment/trip are you hoping Santa leaves for you on Christmas morning?

Having already bagged a new jacket from the Mrs and finally got round to replacing my ancient goggles I pretty much sorted for gear so my dream would be a week long intensive 1 to 1 (with an instructor!) ski course anywhere with great snow. Not much to ask for!

M
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+ 1 know doubt about it!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
have all the gear in place, have two trips booked so all I really want is one decent dump of snow before we arrive on the 27th. snowHead snowHead Come on Santa, I have been a really good girl all year.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Got new helmet and goggles for Christmas. Would now just like some snow.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep, snow! Otherwise I'm going to look like a right sad git stood in all my new ski gear in a green field.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snow and my kingswood skis from home in NZ !
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow, definitely. That would be just fine. wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ravelin wrote:
Yep, snow! Otherwise I'm going to look like a right sad git stood in all my new ski gear in a green field.

snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We bought skis and season passes Very Happy.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Definitely a new pair of ski boots. I've spent 5 full season in hire boots and comfortable as they are, the lack of control on the harder stuff is definitely starting to rankle.

Oh... and I would LOVE to go helicopter skiing.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am Santa and I have already bought myself a new jacket and lid.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
New skis please. Which I have already bought Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow. And someone to buy my car.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
volfy wrote:
Definitely a new pair of ski boots. I've spent 5 full season in hire boots and comfortable as they are, the lack of control on the harder stuff is definitely starting to rankle.

Oh... and I would LOVE to go helicopter skiing.

How does one go in one step from new boots (after 5 years) to heliskiing? Puzzled

Decades after getting my own boots I'm still working on how to get myself heliskiing...
latest report
Quote:

How does one go in one step from new boots (after 5 years) to heliskiing?

Errr .... put boots on, get in helicopter?
ski holidays
Very Happy

Second choice would be heli-boarding, however my aim for this season is to be as comfortable on ski's as a board! Might be a stretch as I've been boarding for 17 years, however I went from bunny run to reds in a day with 1 to 1 tuition last year. Not sure how much 1 to 1 teaching would be for a week, but I expect it's well outside santas budget this year wink
latest report
If u buy boots in resort how much would it usually cost to bring them back on the plane?
snow conditions
Quote:

If u buy boots in resort how much would it usually cost to bring them back on the plane?

I always pack my boots in my normal suitcase -no problem at all with kind of standard 20kg baggage allowance & with clever packing also doable with a 16kg baggage allowance.
snow report
A Dukla Prague Away Kit.

Failing that then any trip to anywhere with snow...other than the one that I've already booked of course.
ski holidays
A new leg, dog wiped me out sideways. Lots of X-rays, MRI, leg braces and crutches. Consultant appointment next Monday, fingers crossed no kneehole surgery needed. Holiday booked for 17th Jan Crying or Very sad
snow report
Oh no, @margaret, what terrible timing! Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.
ski holidays
Thank you Penelope, have another holiday booked end of March with son, wife and grandson. Could end up a ski nanny ( love him but hope not!!)
snow report
margaret wrote:
A new leg, dog wiped me out sideways. Lots of X-rays, MRI, leg braces and crutches. Consultant appointment next Monday, fingers crossed no kneehole surgery needed. Holiday booked for 17th Jan Crying or Very sad

Oh no! what have you done to yourself?
latest report
Mother in law was dying (no easy way to say it) did the death bed bit, dogs with us and not the walks they needed. After the event, took dogs for an epic walk, and younger dog picked up a friend. Had a good time running around as he needed to. But I took my eye off of the dog, he was being chased by said dog so was not looking either. I took my eye of off him too( big mistake) and he knocked me off of my feet. Cannot blame him really, I should have been more vigilant. But 5stone of dog running at 15mph hurts your knee. Love him still but am upset at my loss of skiing. Physio pleased with progress thus far, but MRI results Monday. Not too painful now, fingers x. Am going to Covent garden on Saturday to see the Nutcracker , I am not the first choice for an understudy, crutches would get in the way Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Sorry to hear margaret, Hope all goes well with the doc and the holiday is not affected.

So what do I want for xmas ?

Well other than the winning numbers for this Fridays Euro millions and having to be really depressed looking for multiple ski accommodation over xmas wink

New pair of gloves............. Already bought from TK Maxx snowHead

Daughter to keep improving and loving skiing Very Happy
snow conditions
I want a new pair of salopettes to replace the ones the paramedics cut off me...!
ski holidays
1m of snow at resort level
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some form of time machine to shorten the 30 days, 19 hours and currently 2 minutes till I go skiing.

Not that I'm impatiently counting down or anything...
snow report
Santa came early this year
snow conditions
@Little Martin, +1
ski holidays
No injuries to any snowheads!!! We're all here to enjoy ourselves.
Failing that, the confidence to 'power through' scrud on blacks!!!
ski holidays
I made sure Xmas came early this year. Found matching orange and black touring/freeride bindings and skins for them too Toofy Grin

latest report
@Scarpa, what do you need two matching snowboards for? Toofy Grin

(ps: how long/wide are those bad boys?)
snow conditions
HoneyBunny wrote:
@Scarpa, what do you need two matching snowboards for? Toofy Grin

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
@HoneyBunny, They are 120mm underfoot and 185 in length. But I have a nice quiver now, SL skis for the piste, my old 98mm Nordica twintips for touring, parks and a little bit of everything, and the latest addition for powder days or full off piste. With the extensive rocker they are actually quite versatile.
latest report
@Scarpa, they look like a serious bit of kit, very nice. I probably wouldn't be able to ski on them lol
snow conditions
+1 for snow. Leave on 28 December. Ages of time yet (I hope).
snow report
@SnoodyMcFlude, Laughing crackin choon
snow report
My Xmas present to myself is waiting for me at my friend's garage in California. To be picked up imminently...

I would like some new ski poles to go woith them please. Mine are pretty bent after much retardedness in the park last season.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy