Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What are THE skis to use this season?

Poster: A snowHead
I currently own a pair of Fischer Cool Heat skis. They're great for cruising the pistes and dabbling off piste, but what with the cost of carrying ski equipment with easyJet I think I'll be renting a set this year... maybe.

Every year all manufacturers claim to release a ground breaking design that will change skiing forever, the question is which ski is the ski to have in 2015?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Nick-o, I would suggest the answer to that is highly dependent on the individual. If you are renting and don't mind the faff of changing, maybe you could try a few? Or find an airline with more palatable ski-carriage fees...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is £30 each way excessive to take the skis you've obviously already spent hundreds on and "are Great"?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Richard_Sideways, that is a very good point. Perhaps it's more that I'm reluctant to pay more money to the airline, and partly due to the fact that I want to try the latest offerings.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Nick-o, that would surely depend on your weight, ski level/ability, snow conditions and what you like to ski - speed on piste, off-piste etc. Volkl Mantra, Salomon X-Drive, Rossi, Head, Atomic, Blizzard - many makers and different models
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Nick-o, I have it on very good authority that Blizzard Bonafides are the new Völkl Mantra.

Whereas the new Mantra isn't really a Mantra at all Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've rented for the last few years but have strugggled getting the latest models (unless your in the know in a particular resort) also it is not that cheap renting a semi-decent set of skis and I am finding trudging round all the shops on day 1 very frustrating so I'm going the other way this year and looking at buying a pair Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Richard_Sideways, @Nick-o, £30 e/w carriage V ~£100 renting a premium set in resort. No-brainer isn't it?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@under a new name, have you skied on both Mantra's? Can you share your views on them? I see amazon.de has some good prices for the 'old' Mantra's. Could not find rental so never actualy skied on it, but would love to try and maybe to buy.

@Johnor, I called 3 shops in the resort I am going in one month time and they all refered to many new models received this year Smile It will be a quiet week, so I hope to find a pair of brand new model that I would like to test. Unfortunately nobody has the new Mantra (review sites have mixed reports on it, while some hardcore Mantra fans are not happy with the new ones ... while other hard core fans notice a substantial difference in a length, that is, the way new Mantra in different sizes behaves differently (shorter is better as one review suggests)).

Now only if there would be enough snow in January to ski on .... snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@mooney058, haven't tried this year's and my source's shop is refusing to stock them as they're just so not what they used to be (last year's were not such a big change).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@under a new name, how did you find the 'old' ones? I was once talked from renting it and I deeply regret as at 90kg, 188cm and being rather agresive, old Mantra's sound like the right type for me. I'm early-advanced skier, only discovered powder skiing recently, thus went for Rossi Soul 7 that were too 'soft' for my liking ... Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@mooney058, I'm 167cm, 61kgs and ski the 177s. Absolutely love them and hoping to get at least one more season out of them. I don't understand the received "wisdom" that they're hard work.

Mind you I am quite old school, from the "203s for slalom, 207s for GS" days and can often be found on 203 SGs.

In really deep, really fluffy powder they don't float as well as I'm sure some modern things will, but they're great when conditions are less than perfect.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
[quote
but they're great when conditions are less than perfect.[/quote]

which is most of the time anyway during 3-4 odd weeks a year for me ...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rossignol Soul 7s - best skis I've ever had. Managed 75mph through the speed trap, and they felt very stable (I gave up before they did!) - Incredible on-piste performance from an off-piste ski.

Game-changers!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Dr John, yeah take your own every time
ski holidays
@c44rver, I also just got mine..spent a week on rental soul 7 and loved them so wanted my own pair. Tried lots at Tamworth but looking forward to my 3 weeks I have booked on the 7's.
latest report
the way that things are going WATER SKIS rolling eyes
snow conditions
Monoski, anyone? Razz Very Happy
snow report
Monoski, anyone? Razz Very Happy
snow conditions
Like any year CMH Volkl Explosivs. They're the skis that show you know your shizzle.

If you're in France the OG metal layup first edition XXX may be acceptable but it's a fine call.
snow report
Like any year CMH Volkl Explosivs. They're the skis that show you know your shizzle.

If you're in France the OG metal layup first edition XXX may be acceptable but it's a fine call.
snow report

ski holidays

ski holidays

latest report
OMG... the whole marmotte tribe is in a posting frenzy Toofy Grin

The site did just go through a very weird session where nothing could be posted but then showed up later.
snow conditions
Hamster scab labour suddenly kicked in there big time. Evaded the flying sqirrel picket.

Anyway in case anyone's deaf - CMH Volkl Explosivs.
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, Wink........if you can turn em
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy