Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Online skiing manual

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A few years ago, I stumbled across a website with fairly comprehensive skiing instruction pages. It was very plain (little glitz or advertising) but plenty of information. The writer seemed to be from Cheshire IIRC and appeared to have been an instructor or connected to the military.

It wasn't a commercial site and I'm blowed if I can find it again, if it even exists. Any ideas, Snowheads?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I believe that John Shedden (founder of English Ski Council and an experienced coach) lives in Cheshire, but don't know if he ever had a ski instruction website...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
try http://www.ski-jungle.net/better-skiing/contents.htm

Don't know if its the one you meant but it's quite a good read.

WayneC Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

try http://www.ski-jungle.net/better-skiing/contents.htm

Don't know if its the one you meant but it's quite a good read.

WayneC

I had a quick scan and it's all a bit dated - lots of stuff about unweighting and hopping the tails round - so I don't think the article is going to put many instructors out of business!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WayneC, that's the one! I just recall reading it a few years ago and then remembering some stuff on the slope and it making a difference (says the muppet who has never taken a lesson in his life, preferring the trial and error approach - no broken limbs yet!). Plake, I appreciate that its a bit outdated in view of twin tips and hourglass ski profiles but from my limited experience, it seems that most old techniques are equally valid when using new skis.

On the other hand, I might read it this time and think the same as Plake.

Martin Bell, as someone who is beyond needing to think about how to turn wink what do you think of this stuff? Is it all tosh or of value?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IMHO, some of it seems a little dated, at least in articulation, but like my sentimental (the Sunday Times "We learned to Ski" book) there's a lot of good common sense within it. Mighty fine.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy