Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

L2A - Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
had a good week there last year. hope all those going have a great time. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just back from L2A yesterday. Snow conditions on-piste were very good on Friday (our first day), but due to very warm weather and gale-force winds on Friday and Saturday, was not quite as nice by yesterday.

Late afternoon all the runs down to resort level were very "sugary" (little balls of wet-ish ice about the size of match heads).

Diable (black) was very icy all the way on our home run at 1 pm yesterday. There are also quite a few brown patches.

Up high the snow remains very good.

Off-piste is a mix of icy, crusty, skied-out. I managed to find only a couple of spots with a bit of powdery snow - just to the right of the top of the very very VERY long very very VERY flat run (i.e. a total PITA for boarders).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
anyone (@Lizzard, @Claude B, ) got experience of skiing mid-April? Only time a few of us can get off work together and thinking of heading back for a week. I know season to season can be different depending on weather etc etc... but in terms of relatively guaranteed decent conditions on the glacier?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@abbosphere, read the thread Claude B wrote about his "mini season" last year. Conditions at the top of L2A are likely to be as good as anywhere at that time of year.

Quote:

little balls of wet-ish ice about the size of match heads

lovely stuff to ski. snowHead

I wouldn't bother with an icy Diable though - take a lift down.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, icy Diable was a real PITA and for me more difficult than Harakiri in Mayrhofen. It sure wasn't pretty... Blush
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ha that's one mistake I won't be making again, icy diable... feck that!

Arrive this Saturday in the mid-afternoon with UCPA... Skidoosh! snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy