Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

www.ekosport.co.uk

Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering if anyone has used the website www.ekosport.co.uk to purchase any equipment/clothing etc. The prices seem really good but just want to check on their reliability and if everything is legitimate. There is use of mixed language on the site (French/English) but have a customer contact number with a Cambridge area code.

Any response would be great.

Thanks
Mike
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
See here.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I spoke to someone at Ekosport in France, all seemed genuine and friendly. The HQ is based in France so thats where the goods will be shipped from. I never actually purchased anything in the end. But I would now buy with confidence from them.

Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Much appreciated Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Got a ski helmet from them last week, pretty pronto too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyone used www.gerlspeck.com ? Prices seem unreal, there must be a catch!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I ordered a Salomon helmet from Ekosport late in the afternoon on 5/2/15. The website said it would take 3/4 working days and it was delivered yesterday on 10/2/15. Unfortunately I wasn't in so the parcel was left at my local post office and I collected it earlier today. There was a weekend in the middle of that delivery period so it arrived 3 days after I ordered it. No complaints there.

I picked the Parcelforce delivery option and was happy with the drop off at my local post office. That saved a trip to the nearest Parcelforce depot which I was expecting to have to do.

It was packaged up with the original salomon box inside a larger box so despite the outer box getting a small rip in it the inner box was undamaged.

I got a Salomon Prophet Custom Air helmet in the yellow I wanted (I know that might not be everyones prefered colour choice but we can't all have boring black helmets can we) for £85 + £8 postage instead of £135 for a choice of black or black from my local ski shops.

I couldn't find it for anywhere near that price in this country and I couldn't find anybody that had a yellow one that was anywhere near me even if I wanted to pay the extra. In fact out of my 3 local ski shops only the small independant was even prepared to order me one. Snow and Rock and Ellis Brigham weren't interested in ordering something they didn't normally stock. Lockwoods of Leamington, thoroughly recommended for boot fitting by the way, were going to order it for me but wouldn't be able to get it in time.

I was really happy with the service the price was fantastic. I would use this company again.

This bit is a bit off topic but I think it is important when buying a helmet. Do not buy a helmet online unless you have tried on the exact same model that you are purchasing and therefore know what size you need. Even with the same manufacturer different models of helmet may fit differently despite been marked up as the same size due to the shape of the helmet. I would not have purchased this helmet online if I hadn't already tried one on to find the right size and if that style fitted or not. Other Salomon helmets didn't fit my head shape like this one did. It is not enough to just measure your head. The shape of your head is an important factor as well.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had a very positive experience with them when buying some ski goggles. I'd use them again - great price, product and prompt delivery. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ordered skis from them. Decided what I wanted and price was better than anything I could find in UK or US (I live in USA but skis shipped to my sister in UK). Arrived promptly and perfect! Would recommend.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bought a jacket from them a year ago, perfect transaction and I could even track it's progress as it came to me! Good prices too.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I bought some marker tours from them last month and the service was excellent as was the price. I'd definitely use them again.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
michaelhill410 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has used the website www.ekosport.co.uk to purchase any equipment/clothing etc. The prices seem really good but just want to check on their reliability and if everything is legitimate. There is use of mixed language on the site (French/English) but have a customer contact number with a Cambridge area code.

Thanks
Mike

Skis and bindings ordered Monday evening, delivered with bindings mounted the following Monday morning. Brilliant price, no complaints at all.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I bought skis and bindings from them, arrived in a week with no problems.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 13-02-15 21:14; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've used ekosport, ski's arrived by dpd within a week.

They don't seem to respond to contact form messages though
snow conditions
@Zorrac I searched this forum before using them, and there wasn't a lot of information to be had. So why wouldn't I recommend them after having a positive experience?
snow report

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 13-02-15 21:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Zorrac no problem just got the skis last week and because it was fresh in my mind felt I should post.
latest report
@Zorrac. Long time lurker here. Just never felt I had much useful to contribute. I can assure you I am nothing to do with ekosport - other than a very satisfied customer.
snow conditions

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 13-02-15 21:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
michaelhill410 wrote:

Thanks
Mike

Mike,

Have used ekosport many times and there service and delivery is top notch... Highly recommended!!

Regards

PremsUltim8
ski holidays
Ordered some Atomic bindings from them on Wednesday evening and arrived today at dinner time so pretty impressive delivery times and the bindings where well packaged ( double boxed).

The prices are very cheap £89 + £8 postage, saved just under £400 on the price Ski Bartlett are asking for the same bindings. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy