Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

first - has anyone done this??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going out to a resort with no job or accommodation

Im thinking of going out very soon to france, whats the chances of me finding a job and accommodation? is it easy once your out there? thinking about going to la plagne

cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Finding work is relatively easy, more so if you speak French. Accommodation, not so much.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
k3nnard wrote:
Going out to a resort with no job or accommodation

Im thinking of going out very soon to france, whats the chances of me finding a job and accommodation? is it easy once your out there? thinking about going to la plagne

cheers

Yes - before Natives.co.uk it was the popular way starting a season

As Lizzard says, need to SPEAK FRENCH - if you are going to France
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers,
How much french are we talking, fluent?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
if you're working in an 'irish' bar - none at all.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Id say you don't need to speak french in all the resorts. Loads of jobs flying around here advertised in English.

Accommodation will be more of an issue
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@k3nnard, Young, handsome and rich and I think you'll find that the world is your oyster...

2 out of 3 ain't bad, but otherwise it may be tough.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i can speak alright french and can only improve i guess,

With the accommodation, do you know any facebook groups or anything with people with rooms looking for extra people, im going out on my own so would have to live with people
or maybe you know someone yourself?
Cheers for the help so far
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do you know a resort you're looking at? Have a think about where you want to go then do a search. There are loads for Morzine for example.

Try Chaletsdirect solutions room for jobs too.

Good luck!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Two years ago I sat in a number of bars in Meribel in week 1 of the season at the end of the day, and everyday there was solid queues of people coming in looking for work - repeteatedly it was 'non'

Good luck
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@k3nnard, you might need some dosh upfront for accommodation. My son went out with a tour operator but jacked in the job before the season even started, not liking their approach. So he lost his accommodation. He had to fork out €5000 to rent a place - payable in advance. He did pay me back, though...... That was in Val d'Isere and he found a British ski instructor to share with him. Some resorts will be cheaper than Val d'Isere but if you are penniless you are likely to struggle. He got well paid jobs in the end, though low season January was very lean pickings till he built up his contacts. He didn't speak much French though he learnt fairly fast and he is a very skilled cook who got taken on by one of the top staffing agencies, cooking for the millionare visitors!

Being able to ask about jobs, discuss hours, pay, etc in French would be a good start, I guess - you wouldn't need to be anywhere near fluent to do that.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In terms of finding accommodation, have a look at the natives.co.uk board, they have a section about accommodation, with people always looking for folk to share with.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
check the local job centre, as this will give you an idea of what's out there. Get out to somewhere like Bourg-St-Maurice as soon as possible and get up the mountain. Bourg give you access to Val, Tignes, Les Arcs, la Plagne etc. Knock on doors, do the footwork and be prepared to wash dishes, work hard and play hard.

http://candidat.pole-emploi.fr/candidat/rechercheoffres/resultats/A__DEPARTEMENT_74__4_P__________INDIFFERENT______________;JSESSIONID_CANDIDAT=JHTJJH8GpZpylQCTWB3vDvTNwQGvx2nQYSvLJPdC0Yn2ZGtYphtH!-1651594227
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy