Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skimium/Decathlon Premium Ski Hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have a similar experience? Photo attached of Skimium "Premium Skis" hired from Altitude Sports in Alpe D'Huez April 14. Described prior to hire as "Brand new skis at the start of this season from this year. Top of the range models"? I've made representations to Fanny Legrand chief executive of Skimium who merely dismisses the matter. I guess it's Buyer or rather Renter Beware. Pay cheap pay twice? :IMG_4236.jpeg

Incidentally can anyone tell me how to add a photo to the post!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We hired from them last year, one level down at 'Precision' and some 'Emotion' - we were not impressed by the ones they chose, but the ones who had pre specified from the list of 'likely models' did get what they asked for. Skis were just okay condition wise - I wasn't overly impressed. That said we tried 4 other shops in Les Menuires (we are a group of 20) and all were as bad as each other tbh. I had the same experience a few years ago so I think its the bargain nature of LM, not the particular store.

Can't see your photo (and don't know how to add) so can't see how bad what you ended up with was. Certainly if I'd got what I had for precision as premium, I'd have kicked up a bit of a fuss.

aj x
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Infrared, have look at this thread for details of how to post photos. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25601
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you knight in shining armour for the information as how to post a photo (whoever you are)!

Here's the photo of Skimium Premium "Top of The Range" skis:-
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Perhaps this is a better size photo:-
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Infrared, so you hired these in April, and then post a pic in Dec??

why didn't you swop them in the shop at the time??

I'm a bit confused!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Doing a Pandora I think, posted the photo elsewhere too!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm not sure why it was a problem anyway.

You pick em up. Look at them. Hand them back saying can I have another pair please.

It's hard to believe they didn't have plenty more on hand in April.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In reply to Kitenski my desire is simply to alert snowhead members to shoddy service. Is it not better to do so at the start of the following season so that hopefully others might benefit from the information?

Olderscot, you sound far too wise to accept advice. I recommend you head straight for Altitude Sports for your next rental. Even though we booked on-line they denied any record - until I showed them our copy of the booking. The assistant uttered "putain" disappeared off to another shop and came back over an hour later. These were the only pair available, and after a 10 hour journey from the UK and with two young children in tow and the shop closing, quite why I didn't think about the nicety of handing them back "can I have another pair please" I'm not quite sure.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good advice is always welcome.

But surely advice comes in the form of something along the lines of 'make sure you check your hire shop skis...' followed by the story of what happened rather than this one which is more along the lines of 'look what the bastaards did to me and the CEO didn't care.' That's not advice, that's a whinge.

PS. Given the situation, you do have my sympathy. I suspect in the same situation I'd have gone ballistic.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sad Yeah I'd have been annoyed about those, I would probably have gone back the following day and stage a sit in. I have had something similar (from a recommended Val d'Isere shop iirc - no not snowberry) with literally nothing even vaguely acceptable available, but going back the following day yielded a better result.

Sucks, but I suspect it could happen with pretty much any 'brand' it's down to the individual stores (and yes head office for them all always deny all responsibility afaik as they aren't really chains, just a sort of branding franchise thing)

aj x
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My wife and friends have hired from a Skimium in the past and all found the equipment spot on. We're in ADH in January and are again hiring from them, Cyrils Sport though, so i'll check back in when I'm back.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
...those look like my 'rock skis' - fine to ski on, not worth paying for...you are right to be p''''d off. But ski shop margins are pretty terrible, the attitude of many customers is fairly awful, and this makes all parties grumpy and cynical in the ski hire business - notable exceptions in some places, agreed, but not the majority. If you take them, you have accepted them, so my advice is always look sad, be nice, and deal with it there and then - 'different skis please; these are a bit rough' or 'hmm these aren't great, can you reduce the rental please...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy