Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

W/C 13th - Where to go

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Being new to skiing (only 3 weeks under my belt) I was looking for a quick driving/self catering week from 13th Dec.

Now I am not going to say the season is a washout etc. I am sure the snow will come eventually and certainly in time for our trip in March, but where can I go with the 2 kids for this sneaky extra week? We can't leave it later as the OH (non skiing) said she would like me and the kids (OK mainly the kids) home for Xmas

I haven't booked anywhere yet as I understood the snow may be unreliable this time of year, but I was previously looking at Belle Plagne.

My 2 question are:

1. Is it possible/likely that in the next 9 days enough snow will fall (or they can make enough)in La Plagne to make it viable, or should I discount this idea straight away? I don't know how what depth of snow is needed in La Plagne to allow skiing.

2. On other threads, there are rumours of snow in Austria, Switzerland and Italy. Are there any resorts within driving range (I am London based) where we can be pretty confident there will be enough snow to make it worthwhile?

OR do I just wait and see?

Thanks in for your ideas.

Newby

PS: If you can keep your ideas between you and I, the resorts that are open won't get to crowded
Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At this stage, be on standby and keep your plans open.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@newby, Cervinia
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ditto Cervinia. Was in Zermatt last week. Loads open, both on the Zermatt side and Cervinia (they are oinked) , probably the most extensive for this time of year in 7 seasons of later November trips. We didn't ski to the bottom in Cervinia, but the piste map said the run to the bottom was open. Conditions up above Plan Maison were superb. You cannot be disappointed. As an early intermediate skier the area is made for you!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@homers double, as much as I would like keep my plans open and flexible, when you have 2 teenage kids asking several times a day "are we going?", "any change?", "ok what are the chances?", I would like to get something organised. Truth be told I am also a big kid and 9 days out am starting to annoy myself.

@red 27, @Perty, Thank you, a quick look shows a lot of promise and temptation. Think decision will be made in the next 24/48 hours thank you.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy