Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone used megabus to get to Andorra?

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone used Megabus to get to Andorra? They go from Scotland through north England to London and on to France via Paris, Toulouse & on to Barcelona in Spain. They pass by the edge of Andorra, but don't actually go into Andorra itself, but I guess you could jump out there & get a local bus the last 5km. It only costs £32 each way (sometimes only £25). I know it takes ages, but isn't the train ages too, plus lots of changes? Anybody tried this option? If so how was it?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@gary, sons reckon Megabus is a nightmare just to get to London.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@gary, Please let us know how it goes - everyone enjoys a good quality "I survived the Megabus hell" story, you'll dine out on it for years.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@gary, If that's true, it's unbelievable value Shocked I'm tempted to try Andorra as I've never been skiing there... even more so now! I've used Megabus a few times here in the UK and never found them to be a problem personally, some coaches are busier than others but that's to be expected on the popular routes I guess.... given their competitive fares.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@gary, I'm wondering if they will actually stop for you.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd rather roll in my own poo-poo Laughing

Megabus is a nightmare just within in the UK, let alone going that far!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@gary, sounds worth having a go. Yes, it's a very long way from Scotland to Andorra but people travel further on much less comfortable and reliable buses - one of my sons did a lot further than that by bus in Africa and a niece - now a doctor - did huge distances in South America. You just need a sense of adventure. wink Furthest I've done is Derbyshire to La Rosiere, which was OK but we all had a seat (not guaranteed in Africa wink )
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've used Megabus before & found them to be a similar standard to National Express, but a quarter of the price. Those of you who are more comfortably off than some of us will not worry about flight prices & be able to afford luxurious ski holidays at least twice a year, if not more, but that does not mean that people who are less well off should not still try to somehow get a cheap ski holiday in when they can afford it. All sorts of people are members of snowheads & I'm sure that we ALL want to do more skiing than we usually manage to do.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@gary, FWIW I've done coach trips to the Alps and back before, but it's not worth it.

If you go at the right time you should be able to get flights for under £100.

A coach that far, with that many stops, will be a nightmare and take several days (is 48 hours of your time worth £80?). And you'll probably have to pay extra for your skis. There are better ways to save trip costs without using up loads of your holiday time.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It isn't worth it. Pay for the flight. Barcelona is a cheap airport to fly into anyway
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm flying out to Barca on the 13th. It's cost me £62.99 return. However I'm going out with my old university club so I've put my skis on their coach, effectively meaning I didn't have to pay for baggage.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ooof, on a mega bus for half of your holiday. Don't do it. Fly to BCN, use the bus transfers to andorra or hire a car(sub £125 for a week) andorra is a couple of hours drive or about 3 hrs by bus. If you want any more info this guy is very helpful
http://www.arinsal.co.uk
I know that's the Arinsal site but look a bit further they cover more areas like Pas d l Casa(mount Benidorm Twisted Evil )

Andorra is a long way to go by bus. Good luck and enjoy how ever you do it.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That site owner has posted on here before under the name of snowsteve I think
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've done the mega bus before on super cheap deals London - Glasgow. My tip - buy two seats and enjoy the extra space Very Happy

Would I do it all the way to Andorra - hell no.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It might be worth noting that Megabus don't allow skis as part of your luggage, and don't even offer you the option of paying extra.. I wouldn't recommend trying it either, as you may find the 1st driver will turn a blind eye but when you go to board your next coach at London Victoria, they refuse, then what do you do? I very much doubt they'd drop you off en route either, they seem to be on pretty tight schedules, and look up where they do stop, it won't be the main coach station, it'll be a street corner in the middle of nowhere

I used Megabus to Cologne/Koeln from Bristol as part of a cheeky early season week to Soelden (I rented a car from Koeln main railway station and drove the rest of the way), for £62 return it was pretty cheap, but I'm not sure I'd do it again..
snow report
Possibly worth doing if you can be put under general anaesthetic for the entire trip
snow conditions
Although I started this thread I have no intention of going to Andorra by Megabus, I just thought that some student (not one that can afford their own skis) or someone with plenty of time, but little money may find this a cheap way of getting to the snow. Even going to Barcelona on a cheap flight plus bus transfers will come to at least £125, probably more.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy