Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chill Factore

Poster: A snowHead
I thought I would break in the new boots with an hour at the cFe last Sunday at 11.00 am.

Myself and the eldest arrived at 10.40 am for our 11am - 12 noon slot.

Booked online but still had to queue for 15 minutes just to pick up the lift passes rolling eyes

Why of why don't they have a couple of ticket machines like they do when you go to the multiplex cinema ??

Maybe the desk staff won't have the chance to upsell lessons etc etc etc and slow the queue down even further rolling eyes

Having arrived in ski gear and decided not to use our own skis it took another 15 minutes to negotiate the queue to be weighed and fitted etc etc.

We arrived on piste at exactly 11.10 am

How many runs do you think we managed in our remaining 50 minutes???
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I thought they did have a ticket machine just next to the stairs?

On a related note , the travelator on the nursery slope is still broke after probably 10 days now, I always feel like the chill factore is run a very very tight budget and customer service isn't high on their priority list.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They do have two ticket machines next to the stairs.

I'm still waiting to hear back from my complaint I sent on Saturday after a child who had no ability to use the drag lift, and who was being taught by presumably a parent, fell off on every single attempt to get on the lift resulting in mega queues for all as the lift had to be stopped each time!

This was obvious to the lifties, as well as being pointed out to other members of staff but nothing was done. I guess it's OK to have zero control and put all other users at risk as long as you're paying for the ticket!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good luck with the email rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The ticket machines are kaput. The desk staff should of moved your lift pass slot. It's worth complaining in person if near enough.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@hedley, 5
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Levi215, spot on Evil or Very Mad

The lift pass was on offer at 50% off so it worked out at £2.50/run.

If I'd had to pay full price I would have been even more miffed.

I know it was a busy Sunday but the 'experts only' lol lift broke down twice as well.

I was only there to test the boots out really but off peak is the only way to go if you want to get any meaningful slope time.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Used to work in knutty knutsford Smile

When I last went for the ski test I didn't get many runs in always a queue but luckily few lift stops. It can be horrendous....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@hedley, Did you keep your list pass? Complain and tell them your number of runs and all the problems. They have the ability to check the number of runs you did through the CRM system and should offer you a replacement lift pass for next time!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Levi215 wrote:
@hedley, 5

Yep one run every 10mins is quite normal there. Even if the slope is quiet they drop to 1 lift so with queue and slow lift it still works out the same.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ticket machines were working on Monday, been twice in the past month and thought the staff were pretty friendly and helpful. Tamworth is my local, which I have also visited once this month (girlfriend has just learnt so trying to keep her at it), thought customer service is about the same but with Chill being the same price (£2Cool for 3 hours than Tamworths one hour, and Chill offering 50% on top, I much prefer travelling over an hour more to ride there.

You've come up with the answer yourself, go during off peak!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Snow Factor in Glasgow wasn't too busy on Sunday night :-

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10801634_10152635235857239_6389524495185761108_n.jpg?oh=21731681d955045d1f3e27a71d8219ed&oe=551DAD2D

I had it to myself from 10.25-11.00 pm (along with two lifties). It was taking 90 seconds per run (up & down) = 40 runs per hour Very Happy

Off peak rules !
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
NEVER go at the weekends.

If I'm bored I always go 90 minutes before it closes.

Usually get 15 runs in. (2 mins up, 1 minute down, 1 minute queuing)

Personally I can't fault the place, but I only live 20 mins away
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@kiteman69, nor can i to be fair, but for me it's over an hour (an hour best case) or minimum 1:30 when it's busy each way.. takes your day out
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Going during the summer is the best bet you can generally get a run lift cycle in well under 3 min so over 20 runs an hour. Now they need to be avoided way too busy and the management haven't got a clue how to run the place. I actually feel sorry for the non management there.

Ski Rossendale would be a lot better for getting the runs in and trying out the boots.
snow report
I don't think we have those in the states. And u have at least 3? Puzzled

I would go just to get skis under foot for an hour.
snow conditions
We have 6 in the UK - and there are loads more across Europe, the Middle East, China, etc. The nearest operating one to you is in Brazil I think!

They did actually built one in New Jersey, and even made snow in it, but it has never opened - latest suggestion for that is opening in late 2016.
latest report
It's funny, I think europens are into skiing more than american, so maybe more demand? It's hard for me to find many ppl to get on a plane to ski, then again, maybe it's just they don't want to ski with me. Shocked

That nj think was such a joke. Probably never get done.
snow conditions
Redwine wrote:
It's funny, I think europens are into skiing more than american, so maybe more demand? It's hard for me to find many ppl to get on a plane to ski, then again, maybe it's just they don't want to ski with me. Shocked

That nj think was such a joke. Probably never get done.

Is distance a factor? Many ski regions are within 3 hours 'visible travel' by that I mean not door to door but the general time people think about (flight) guess it's maybe nit the same in the us? Weird though as surly
NYC has enough people to support one?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy