Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hat's off to Ski Total

Poster: A snowHead
A few months ago 6 of us booked a week in Lech with Ski Total, departing this coming Sunday 7th Dec. Never been with this company before (haven't been with any TO for years).

There's no snow in resort, the lift company have stated they won't be opening as planned on 5th Dec.

As contingency, we booked a car and planned a daily commute to Ischgl or other 'nearby' resort, about an hour each way but better than hill walking.

But today, received an unexpected call from Ski Total offering to move us to Ischgl. Fantastic service, totally unexpected ... well done Ski Total. As a bonus I got a refund on the hire car, thanks HolidayAutos too !

#chuffedtobits
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow now theres customer service!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was so impressed I decided to check this company out but funny how they are still advertising for sale today on their website

"The Chalet Hotel Sonneck occupies one half of a beautiful traditional style building, situated at the northern edge of Lech,"

..... for departure on 7/12/14 albeit at a reduced price of GBP316 (vs normal of GBP516).

Suppose GBP200 is what you then are paying for snow in the normal price?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
New bookings they get a chance to explain the snow state - seems reasonable enough to me
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My husband and I have had really good service from Ski Total a couple of times which surprised me as they were cheaper than other TO holidays at the time so we thought we were in for a rough ride with them. However, we found their chalet hosts and chefs much more professional than crystal and we got a great 4* deal for much less moolah. We actually did have a better package and experience (not just thinking you were glad you didn't pay the full price like everyone else did as it's only worth the sale price). Looking forward to a Christmas week with them shortly so keeping fingers crossed its as good as last time.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@smithski, I've skied with Esprit for years because of their childcare. They're part of the same company (now part of Neilson) and the ethos seems to be all about people.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good result...Most companies would say pack your hiking boots! Shocked

I was looking at a deal with Ski Total to Lech two years ago for the first week of the season, 8-15 Dec. The resort was looking very green and then on the Monday before it started snowing, so I booked it.

Thankfully the snow kept up, almost too much...the Ski Total Resort Managers car slid off the car park into the deep stuff...one morning the snow was so deep there was a bow wave crashing over the pistebashers cat tracks as they tried to tame the nursery slope outside the Chalet Hotel.

Hopefully it will do the same for you next week in Ischgl! snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We have also been offered the same alternative deal by Ski Total for this weekend - sounds as though Ischgl will be busy!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
henzerani wrote:
@smithski, I've skied with Esprit for years because of their childcare. They're part of the same company (now part of Neilson) and the ethos seems to be all about people.

They're not Neilson, it's Inghams they're part of (HotelPlan, Neilson are Thomas Cook).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great thread.

An update on Neilson:"In December 2013, Risk Capital Partners backed a management buyout of Neilson Active Holidays Ltd and we are now a wholly independent holiday company, looking forward to continuing to develop holidays we love to share with our guests" http://www.neilson.co.uk/about-neilson

My motivation here is that I've had a couple of fantastic holidays with Neilson during 2013, which were way better than the Thomas Cook experiences I've had. They are very different companies in my experience.

Keith
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have to say, back in the midst of time (1994) we booked to Serre Chevalier on a cheap S/C package with Crystal and were allocated accommodation and transfers to Val Thorens when the snow didn't arrive so even Crystal were doing it once upon a time.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So we we're moved to Ischgl and the conditions are actually very decent so remain well impressed by the decision Ski Total took to move the group's to other resorts. Some others who I met on the flight we're moved from Lech to Obergurgl so clearly a big logistical challenge achieved we'll.

Just out of interest, are there any non-drinkers out there who have been on chalet holidays (or chalet hotel if you want to be picky) who had to enviously look on while everybody else received unlimited free wine when all non alcoholic drinks (tap water excepted) are charged at normal rates. Even breakfast juices and soda water. I don't recall it and I've only had about 20 chalet holidays.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So we we're moved to Ischgl and the conditions are actually very decent so remain well impressed by the decision Ski Total took to move the group's to other resorts. Some others who I met on the flight we're moved from Lech to Obergurgl so clearly a big logistical challenge achieved we'll.

Just out of interest, are there any non-drinkers out there who have been on chalet holidays (or chalet hotel if you want to be picky) who had to enviously look on while everybody else received unlimited free wine when all non alcoholic drinks (tap water excepted) are charged at normal rates. Even breakfast juices and soda water. I don't recall it and I've only had about 20 chalet holidays.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
^ seems a bit harsh! I'd go down the shop and buy a bottle of squash and drink that at dinner topped up with the water jug! I'd buy my own fruit juice too. What about tea and coffee, do they charge everyone for that?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes buying juice etc at the supermarket is clearly the way to go, thanks for the suggestion, I'm still interested to hear if anybody else has faced such discrimination?
snow conditions
smithski wrote:
Yes buying juice etc at the supermarket is clearly the way to go, thanks for the suggestion, I'm still interested to hear if anybody else has faced such discrimination?

That's bizarre...I'm sure kids have been served squash at dinner free of charge whenever I've stayed in chalets...they could hardly serve them chalet wine! Puzzled

On the original subject...Lech is looking very snowy today on the webcams!! rolling eyes

http://www.snoweye.com/?resort=at_lech
snow conditions
@smithski, I suppose the wine that they buy is so cheap and the soft drinks cost more... just musing. And now realised that you are in Austria. Funnily enough my OH said that he received an e mail from Tourist office at Ischgl today with a live webcam link, showing lots of snow. He was impressed. Hope you are having a good sober holiday.
ski holidays
@Pamski, Hmmm, soft drinks that are unlimited in quantity at breakfast, just doesn't make sense, but 'nuff said. Suppose it's equally as unreasonable to expect a glass of Chardonay with your cornflakes. The wine is all French btw, suspect it's bought in bulk as part of the French operation and shipped over to Austria pre-season. And it's very respectable.

As for the fresh snow, yes there has been some today, not masses by any stretch but a good few cm's (6cm maybe) which has freshened up the runs and made the whole resort more seasonal. Skiing this morning was really nice, it's a shame that there's still not enough coverage to ski back to town, having to downlift from Idalp and suspect that will be the case for the rest of this week. Ischgl continues to impress ... great place.
snow report
We've always bought our own squash for evenings, I've never actually TRIED to ask for a fruit juice, so can't say...
snow report
@smithski, when I ran a chalet we offered squash or juice to non-drinking adults. But I think it's easier to be flexible in a small chalet than in a large chalet hotel.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy