Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ride for 14-15 - Soloman Assassin 158

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all,

Been reading this site for years but decided to register on here for a freak out post about the weather in Tyrol at the moment. Now I'm here may as well post some other poo-poo!

I've been riding an old Artec Novus 158 for the past 4 years with a set of Burton customs bindings. My boardings really came on bounds over that time and thought I was due a new ride so after talking to a fellow powder pig down at TSA I ended up buying a 2014-15 Soloman Assassin 158.

The Artec rode fine really but was a pretty out dated board and some good old scrapes along the bottom. Well anyway I can't profess to know much about board technology but sounds as though things have came on a bit since my old Novus.

The guy almost sold me on a Jones Ultra Aviator but it was a way out my budget so I settled on this little guy. He reckons the techs not far off and its a pretty solid ride. Haven't had chance to test the baby out yet, going to take him to the indoor snow dome this weekend but looking forward to trying it on a moment.

I had gone in there with some spending money not really knowing whether to get new boots or a new ride, hope I mad the right choice!

Anyway here's a pic with my bindings screwed on. I kinda dig the design on it too. I know Soloman's not as cool as Lib Tech or Yes but it just seemed to sit with me and I'd read good reviews online.

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I personally don't see Lib as being 'cool', never really bought into it. All seems a bit forced to me. Jones, Slash, Smoking and Yes maybe but what's really cool is a good snowboard. You just bought yourself a very good, solid snowboard - I've been eyeing them for a while but will probably pick up the slightly softer Villain instead. Stoked!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey man, I did look at the villain. My boardings came on a lot though and I want some longevity so went for the stiffer ride. Thanks for the comments man thats reassuring. A few people have said similar things.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was going to go Villain because I've also got a Pick Your Line which I'm a little worried is going to ride me rather than the other way around. Well I'll know the answer to these and many other questions one month from today.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Wayfarer, what sort of riding do you do? I had a go on a Assassin at a demo and I thought it was just ok. I'm no expert but it felt unstable at speed and flatbasing was unreliable. Otherwise it was fun. Probably a better call than the villian for all mtn freestyle.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy