Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Decthlon Short skis

Poster: A snowHead
2 models - wED'ZE & Very Wed'ze being pushed quite hard in store.

Both 127cm long - different in width, proper low end solly bindings. Design criteria apparently was to keep them short enough to go in the boot of a car. Despite my criticisms of blades I thought they looked quite funky - admittedly I was also thinking with the right bindings they'd be good access skis for offpiste snowboarding or winter mountaineering.

Good idea or bad for the masses? I can see the value as a learning tool or for a laugh but as Decathlon do an own brand ski package starting at £89 I can think of better investments
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Fatbob,

Well I won't knock Decath - they do some very good gear including skis. The Wedze website is here:

http://www.wedze.com/main2-anglais.html

They are not blades but more approach ski size as you suggest. They also have a proper fix so less risk to your tibia. The market segment is getting quite busy with the Dynafit ST1.0 and Boheme Manji (sp?). The very Wed'ze are 132cm btw.

It is an interesting concept - would love to try them, must pass by the local Decath sometime and take a look. If all I did was ski in resort I would probably get them - like the pink strawberies.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I bought the Intersport version 2 weeks ago and can't rate them high enough.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
chris, is the intersport version the same spec/price? which version did you get?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chris, Aah - Chris - a long snowblade??????

I saw them in Decathalon, and also thought they looked funky and handy for teaching beginners/kids to boot. Too much to just buy a pair on spec though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pam w, the ones I bought are called Revolutions and priced at 119euro's! They offer much more stability than blades but not as much fun in moguls, so far the only disadvantage. Fantastic for carving.
Charlotte, difficult to say whether they are a long blade or a short ski. My blades are 79cms, my skis are 156cms, the Revolutions are 127cms, so are closer in length to skis. They would indeed be excellant for beginners.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, I just bought some really long snowblades from Fischer, I think they were called RX8s? Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I noticed a sign in Decathlon yesterday offering a "free 3 day trail" ( I presume that they meant TRIAL?). I don't know if they expect you to take them up to the ski village, or away for a weekend.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I saw a pair on the mountain today - they looked to be perfroming pretty much like a regular ski.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm very tempted by these - just saw them in Decathlon at Lakeside this week. As a long-time blader my only two complaints are a) lack of stability when schussing or building up speed, and b) the highly annoying blade bindings which I frankly find very difficult to get into, and which have safety concerns.

The Wed'ze's seem to address both of these issues and at 132cm for the longest Very Wed'ze not that much longer than blades. I have mainly used 90cm and 99cm blades and was thinking of maybe stepping up to 110cm this year for added stability at speed, but am now thinking maybe these 132cm short skis would be a better compromise.

I am all booked up to go to Alpe d'Huez in mid March so I have some time to consider my options. Will be interested to hear about anyone's experience with the Wed'ze - or especially the Very Wed'ze skis.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anybody had a chance to try these out yet? I saw them in-store at the weekend and was certainly intrigued. I'd like a pair of ski-boards, but now I'm wondering if these might be a better option, certainly cheaper... I'm gonna see if I can trial a pair when I go to the Tamworth snow dome later in the month.

Klaus
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris: which Intersport did you find them in?

Fatbob: can you remember how much the Decathlon ones are: can't see a price online.

Cheers,

Anthony
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
antpj, Chris lives in Serre Chevalier, so Iguess it was there.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bought some last week, Decathlon in Albertville, the short ones were 160, the longer ones 220 (euros). Also some very short Salomon ones, more expensive than either. We bought short Decathlon ones which are billed for "beginners to good skiers" though my husband refused to get the strawberries, sadly. They are great on piste, much more like skis than blades, effortless and surprisingly fast and stable. Just straight running down a path I was overtaking my heavier husband on conventional skis, whereas when we are both on our normal skis he runs faster than I do. I was impressed with them. Not had a chance to try them off piste as the current state of the snow is well beyond my ability off piste and they are currently lent to a visiting friend who had not skied for 15 years and was a bit apprehensive. He is delighted with them. Local understanding of them seems a bit confused though. The proprietor of our local ski shop said he didn't think they were suitable for beginners (which my friend said he was for binding adjustment purposes) but the instructor he had a private lesson with, yesterday, said he thought they were too short for him. My friend is very tall but only ten and a half stone, and my amateur opinion is that the skis are perfect for him at the moment!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
antpj, Interspirt Briancon.
pam w, get off piste with them in any conditions and they are fantastic and on moguls I now prefer them to my blades.
ski holidays
chris, thanks, will do. the way the snow is bucketing down tonight, the opportunity might not be far off.....
snow report
Anyway of getting the Intersport skis online? I can't find anything in that category round here.
snow report
£115 or so for the skinny ones £140-150ish for the fat ones (probably from the franglais description the only ones you'd want other than "for a laugh"). Better binders on the fatter ones too IIRC
latest report
I've been looking at the ski shops in Alpe D'Huez and most of them are able to provide short skis for hire - mainly Atomic 120's which are the same sort of thing as the Wed'ze short skis.

I figure I will give these a try by hiring this year and if I get on with them may buy some for next year in the sales. You do have to ask around for the short skis. Most Sport 2000 outlets appear to have them and they are all over the French Alps at least.

From what I've heard these are great for beginners as they are designed to support a skier regardless of height or weight unlike normal skis, and are much easier to learn on.

I read on a skiboard (snowblade) website in the States about the Wed'ze boards from Quechua that they are not very high quiality - link here - http://www.skiboards.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=1267. I suppose you get what you pay for though and they are probably fine for a few years playing on the moutnain.
snow conditions
First returns on the Wedze are that there are some minor quality problems with the ski either delaminating or the bindings ripping off the ski. I'm told the Very Wedze is made is a different factory and of better quality. No doubt Decath will address these occassional issues. Exchange doesn't seem to be a problem.
ski holidays
Quote:

minor quality problems with the ski either delaminating or the bindings ripping off the ski.

doesn't sound that minor....
ski holidays
fatbob, Need Mrs ZK on this one, she is Marketting Manager for Quechua/Decathalon however, has more professional integrity than i. Needless to say, great product at a great price, everything a snowblade should have been. Rumours are a local ski brand, had alot to do with the design and development. Little Angel
snow report
From my limited in store inspection I was impressed by the apparent construction of the Very Wed'ze which is the version I imagine would get punished most. I've seen the Quecha Creation team in Tignes in the summer and they certainly look like they put a lot of effort into their product testing at least. I can only assume this is mirrored in design & development.

Local ski brand wouldn't be very local to Chamonix would it?
latest report
Quite fun, if you are into stretched snowblades! Tried them yesterday at Arc 1800 - free 2 hour rentals from near the Vagère lift... Fel a bit foolish though, somehow. They did feel 'beginnerish', although the slightly longer "Very Wed'ze" had a bit more life.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy