Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The advantages of touring kit in resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was re reading a blog from last year and this photo amused me - this was taken on a Friday when many of the off piste groups (mainly UCPA) in Serre finish their week off with a hike up the Cucumelle (only 40mins).

I know we thought it was hard core when we first did it a long time ago, but at the time it was only us and not like the M25 on a Friday Laughing

And this is what we did on that day http://stylealtitude.com/offpistehordes.html

Think it aptly demonstrates the advantages of touring kit in resort Smile

More here http://stylealtitude.com/newsandblog/2014/04/09/thinking-outside-the-box-%28resort%29/

In essence as we have passes we're able to use the lifts and then "drop off the bacK" of the resort obviously saving the initial hike.

We did a lot of this, with me dropping the van off in another valley the day before and then cycling back home, then the next day we go off the back and ski down to it.

PS still have a nice pair of Blizzard Bonafides 187 mounted with Marker Dukes if anyone is interested
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you think that's bad you should see the horde that go out the top gate at Niseko!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It gets like that in the Vallee de la Manche in Avoriaz. As soon as there's a hint of some fresh, there's often a queue of folk hiking across to drop into that avalanche-prone terrain trap :S
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Avalanche prone terrain trap? Is that the same VdM I'm thinking of? Curious as to what you based that on, and I did a bit of research on it last year and couldn't find any evidence of anyone being caught in an avalanche there, but would love to know more. It's not steep either, generally <30 degrees throughout.

It does get busy though!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dashed wrote:
Avalanche prone terrain trap? Is that the same VdM I'm thinking of? Curious as to what you based that on, and I did a bit of research on it last year and couldn't find any evidence of anyone being caught in an avalanche there, but would love to know more. It's not steep either, generally <30 degrees throughout.

It does get busy though!

I admit it's anecdotal evidence from some locals, I've not been down it yet.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's hardly a hike, more like a hundred metre walk, that leads into a long valley with no lifts, staying on the skiers left tends to be the safest side, the other side gets the sun, like any valley wither it's safe or not depends on the prevailing conditions, fantastic ski route. Bus stop at the bottom of the valley to get back to town. If you are unsure if it's safe or not best to check with piste security near the top who are generally very helpful if they think you know what you are doing. I'll post a picture of going down after heavy snow if I remember later, no doubt there are areas in it which could be terrain traps, but these are obvious and easily avoided generally on the skiers left.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy