Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Google Announces Les Gets Closure. What?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Google have boldly announced that Les Gets ski resort is closed for the ski season! Erm, what?

Quote:
In what is perhaps not the proudest moment in the internet giant's brief but distinguished history, Google has this week mistakenly announced that Les Gets ski resort is closed for the ski season!

Before any holidaymakers start to panic, the article continues:
Quote:
We at Mountain and Tradition would just like to be the first to set the record straight, for our guests and for everyone else: Les Gets is very much open for business. Far from being closed, the Les Gets ski resort is raring to go for the winter season 2014-2015.

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.trinum.com/ibox/ftpcam/mega_lesgetspatinoire.jpg

It might be a while though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's the same for other ski resorts too. Type in "Meribel snow forecast" into google and you get exactly the same; and for Courchevel and La Tania.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
But not for Tignes, because Tignes is open. The other resorts actually are closed, so although the wording is slightly odd, it's probably been saying that since April.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dlpressley, what did you search to get that message?

btw - I've edited out the link back to your own website.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
oink oink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@blahblahblah, little harsh?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ray Zorro wrote:
@dlpressley, what did you search to get that message?

e.g.
morzine snow report

yeah it always looks that that through the summer.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Richard_Sideways, Quote:
We at Mountain and Tradition would just like to be the first to set the record straight, for our guests and for everyone else: Les Gets is very much open for business. Far from being closed, the Les Gets ski resort is raring to go for the winter season 2014-2015.

A bit spammy, and no snow.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@blahblahblah, nope fair point - didn't realise that he was quoting his own website, that's a bit naff.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

what did you search to get that message?

Google must have found out about my post because they have updated their algorithm this afternoon. The search was for "Les Gets snow forecast", which now produces the more useful search result discussed in the originally referenced article. La Tania still produces the error.

Quote:

btw - I've edited out the link back to your own website.

I am sorry that you and @blahblahblah have interpreted this as spam. That's certainly not how it was intended: I thought the post might be of some interest. Without the link, readers don't have access to the full story.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy