Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Years Eve in Chatel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has any one any good tips for fun on NYE in Chatel? We are two families with 2 x 16yr old girls and 2 x 12 year old girls.

Thinking it might be fun to be dancing and singing at midnight perhaps?

Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
New years is a big deal for a small village like Chatel, there's bands on in the village square from 5pm, an outdoors bar and lots of fun to be had, plus free mulled wine and hot chocolate, at 6pm there's a torchlight decent by ESF (a big ESF love-in if nothing else) the fireworks are great but are earlier at 6.30pm, I can't recall if the village lays a display on at midnight, but the town is crazy with partygoers letting off their own rockets. indoors bars will be busy, particularly if its snowing, all the restaurants will be open, but very busy and booking a table is essential.

If you'd rather go out later in the evening, The French don't normally come out to party until the wee small hours til later in the evening so don't hit the town too early and wonder where the vibe is, they'll be there, just later

Or you can do starry night decent at Chez Babeth at Plane Dranse which includes a 'special meal', dancing and an accompanied torchlight decent after midnight - I don't know the pricing but booking is also essential

Hope this helps
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

all the restaurants will be open, but very busy

and often very expensive, with special fancy menus.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@julielevy, do you want to eat out? If so may be consider going early-ish to Le Renard where the menu will be fantastic and fairly priced and the food will be excellent and then go up into town for the festivities afterwards snowHead

(Note to self better book my NY eve table quick sharp Laughing )
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mountain Addiction wrote:

Or you can do starry night decent at Chez Babeth at Plane Dranse which includes a 'special meal', dancing and an accompanied torchlight decent after midnight - I don't know the pricing but booking is also essential

Just seen this! I very much hope that the torchlit descent takes the green track from Plaine Dranse after the 'special' meal and whatever firewaters Babeth serves Shocked Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@pam w, they can be but not necessarily. Some of our favourites in Serre Che just have their normal menu, but will offer a couple of 'Reveillon' special options (oyster, foie gras, venison etc) in addition. There is also the option of an all-included meal at one of the hotels (the Europe that snowHead are using for the off-piste bash). Price includes several aperos (usually kirs or punch), canapés, plentiful wine with a four course meal, and champagne to see in the Nouvelle Année. About 75€ is not too expensive for that I don't think.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy